PDA

View Full Version : Automator...iPhoto...Backup Drive

TenderSurrender
02-04-2007, 05:54 AM
Hey everyone!

I recently started a thread about backing up iPhoto librarys to an external drive.

In that thread it was mentioned that automator should be able to detect new images in that library and automatically back them up.

Ive had a look around and couldnt figure it out :(

any help appreciated!

~~ TS ~~

christm
02-04-2007, 07:35 AM
i dont really use atomator but for help and some great pre written scripts check out

automator.us

has lots of helpful advice and FREE scripts

TenderSurrender
02-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Hey thanks for the link Christm!

However i wasnt able to find a script for what im trying to do. (although bearing in mind how im feeling currently, i could well have missed it)

~~ TS ~~

christm
02-04-2007, 12:38 PM
no problem - thanks for the feedback as well.

good luck and let me know if you find what you want.

cheers

chris

TenderSurrender
02-05-2007, 03:16 AM
Just to make sure, i presume when i receive this external HDD today, i should just go straight on and format it to HFS+ ?

I wont be using it on my windoze machine and so I think i can get away without NTFS or Fat32 correct?

------

Also has anyone else managed to figure out how to use automator to help with my backups?

Cheers everyone!

~~ TS ~~

TenderSurrender
02-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Ok well ive done the formatting of the drive to the correct format and ive now backed up my entire iPhoto library along with some other folders but has anyone figured out how to do it usign automator?

~~ TS ~~

Aptmunich
02-05-2007, 04:54 PM
To be honest I feel there's a time you want to roll your own solution and there are times where you're best sticking to the tools you already have.

I'd suggest you look into a backup program that can do what you want... chances are it'll have a few additional options to make the process even more seamless and easier (incremental backups etc.)