Chat System for Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Alright, a while back FireStorm Creation, began developing a new chat system which was started to server as a way for Mac-Forums members to chat with one another. This was first started off as a temporary AIM chat network, but it had annoying after shocks :D, then began Irc, but we pretty much hate IRC with a passion. So FSC began developing Evur the first few versions were pretty much just beta tests. Currently we have jumped up to version 0.47 which features 'tons' of improvements. We have a server running right this moment, and hopefully we can sell more servers to other forums when version 1.0 is released which will feature integrated html forum viewing. This is currently only Macintosh platform, but it wont be long before version 1.0 is released and we port it to PC. We hope for Evur to become the Forum standard.

There have been many posts on M-F about Evur, but basically, the Client is free and always will be. The server will be bought, and features ads to cover the cost. There is a tracker on the client to find other servers.

Please ask if you have any questions. I will redirect this thread to News and Community because that is where it belongs.

Download here
I am sure you will have your comments :D

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
great, yeah I have people joining in on and off all the time, so I kept the server up for another week, please make use of it. We will release a new version soon but till then make do with what we have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.