PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop CS2 Problems

MrChris
01-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Hello all,

Just a quick question regarding a friendís iBook G4; He has Adobe Photoshop running on it fine for a year or so now but the other day he went to open it up and all he got was as far as the start screen. The application would simply not load any further.

I suggested to him removing all files and folders associated with Photoshop CS2 and re-installing it.

However, he says he has tried that with no luck. I'm thinking he might not have removed all the associated files correctly or something?

Any ideas?

Regards,

Chris :mac:

Odin_aa
01-31-2007, 08:50 PM
I downloaded an application called OnyX, it helps to wipe out program cache's and things. Whenever CS2 acts up, I open that up and run it and then all is good again.

MrChris
02-01-2007, 05:29 AM
Thanks, he is coming round later for me to have a look at his iBook for him so i will give that a go!

Thanks again,

Chris :mac:

CrossBones
02-01-2007, 11:14 AM
I downloaded an application called OnyX, it helps to wipe out program cache's and things. Whenever CS2 acts up, I open that up and run it and then all is good again.That's certainly a good start!

MacHeadCase
02-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Did he try deleting the Photoshop pref file? That would have been a lot easier then reinstalling.

Path to the file is:

Macintosh HD ---> Users ---> His user account ---> Library ---> Preferences ---> Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings ---> Adobe Photoshop CS2 Prefs.psp