Bootcamp drivers for Vista?

HSN

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm running vista home premium on my iMAC using bootcamp partitions. However, there are some devices having driver problems. Is there anything available from bootcamp dedicated for vista or not?

Ex: Airport + iSight are not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I dont think there is anything as far as drivers for bootcamp to run vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz macbook, 2GB RAM, 80GB HD.
Not yet, I'm guessing in a couple of weeks Mac will release Vista drivers. I hope it won't take until 10.5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram
yeh i had same problem just did the upgrade to see if it worked to the business version i got off msdn on my intel imac, does your sound work? my sound wont work, and isight other than that it all seems to work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
I am running Vista on a Macbook and it seems to be running good.

Airport and sound both working great. Though trying to use the trackpad without drivers is a pain, no right click or scrolling as well as the pointer kind has a mind of it own sometimes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro - Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors - OS X Leopard
My sound is working OK on Vista, but the video card is not functioning properly. I have something like 4 colors, and everything on the screen is pixels and smudges. My Mac Pro is new - bought it in December. It came with the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB of GDDR2 SDRAM video card.

I guess I'll try looking for the Vista driver on the NVIDIA GeForce website.

What puzzles me is that I saw Vista running on Macs in the computer stores while I was looking to buy. It seemed to be running fine. Maybe they had a different video card. I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro - Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors - OS X Leopard
Ahh, thanks htdefiant. You've solved the mystery as I do only have 1 GB of RAM. I would like to upgrade the RAM in this machine. I chose not to upgrade through Apple because of the crazy prices they charge on memory. I do a lot of video editing which was the main reason I needed the Apple and I have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed with how well the Apple operating system as well as Apple software works. I've had next to no problems putting videos together, and it's so straight forward.

I still need Windows because I've invested a ton of money into software over the years. Eventually I may not need Windows, but for now I still use it. I'd say I use Apple and Windows 50/50.

How much memory is good enough for Vista? I'll bet it will speed up my video rendering too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.