• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sad Mac world I live in.

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Anyway, I was talking to a friend about macs and we are both users another friend who has just switched.

I have been a user for 9 months and friend no 1 for about 3, friend no 2 a week. Our girlfriends were talking so we were just chatting in general about life and we got to macs like we usually do at the 3rd or 4th pint.

Anyway, it came up that we all do really sad thing with our Macs. I named mine Macy mac mac ( my friend is called Maki). Friend no1 talks to his while playing games and losing. And friend 2 has return of the mac play when it boots. I know this is sad. I was just wondering if anyone else has anyother sad life mac related stories?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I have (so far) bought 3 cases for the Macbook (Speck hardcase, Moshi sleeve type case and an STM bag) with the intention to use all 3 at the same time (Although the speck case wouldn't fit in the moshi so it's going back) if I ever take it outside. Which brings me to the fact that although I have the Moshi case, my bag hasn't turned up yet so after more than a month I still haven't left the house with it.

My girlfriend finds the whole case issue pretty sad, and I suppose I'll have to agree as I'll be a little upset if the Moshi doesn't fit in the STM bag...

...but she's the only one that calls it "Maccy" so now who's sad?

By the way, how do you have a song play on start up? I'm definitely sad enought to have "return of the Mac"...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
I named my Macbook, Mr. Mackey after Mr. Mackey from South Park.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
I'm still anxiously awaiting mine, I'm considering putting out a spike strip in front of my house, just to ensure the Fedex guy doesn't miss my house.

Reaction score
By the way, how do you have a song play on start up? I'm definitely sad enought to have "return of the Mac"...

You can have a song played when you login but I don't know about while it's booting ... If you dropped the song file into your Login Items in Sys Prefs>Accounts>YourUserAccount>Login Items ... the song would play when you logged it...

OP
???

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
You can have a song played when you login but I don't know about while it's booting ... If you dropped the song file into your Login Items in Sys Prefs>Accounts>YourUserAccount>Login Items ... the song would play when you logged it...

Yeah thats what he does

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I named my Powerbook.

"P-Bo"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I named my PowerBook Cori, in memory of my friend who moved away. I bought my PB when she moved away.

Litterall, she moved away, not died. I miss her.:( MSN just isn't enough.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
haven't named mine, but i occasionally have dreams about it, and i do miss it when i'm at work on my hp.

also when my wife is on her hp notebook, and my kid is checking it out, and pointing at stuff, i'll say "Leo, do you see any apples? no? no, there's no apples on mommy's computer, huh?" ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I named mine Macky :) I usually name everything....like my nano is Mr.Pink(reservoir dogs)...my bed's name is Chummy. I made a piggy bank in ceramics back in high school and his name is Curly....

I have issues ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Hmmm, she names everything.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
My iMac is called Whiplash, my iPod is Blitzkrieg. I'm a Metallica fan.

OP
???

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Mac pro = ride the lightening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
nope, Overkill

Reaction score
Proving once again that Apple Inc is in fact a cult. :bone:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Proving once again that Apple Inc is in fact a cult. :bone:

You mean you don't bow down before a giant graven Apple or a picture of his Steveness before you rest each night? :radioacti

Blasphemy. Utter blasphemy. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Has the Macbook arrived yet iSebastianGrey? Just read your sig, isn't today the day?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not yet. Fortunately, I'm patient. Though, the FedEx guy has become aware of the fact that I am stalking him.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.