• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Should I get my macbook lasered?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
http://etchamac.com/?page=samples (the macbook mods are at the bottom)

it would be something similar to that, but i would make up my own design and have my girlfriends dad do it, he has his own laser engraving business. the only thing i am worried about is voiding my warranty but using this site wouldnt, so i wonder if having my g/f's dad do this would.

what do you guys think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
That looks really awesome! I don't know if I'd do that to my (soon to be arriving) Macbook, but for my iPod, definitely!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I don't think it would void the warranty, but I would call Apple just to make sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I would say if you ever have problems with your screen, Apple will say it was because of the engraving. I don't think it would affect the warranty on the rest of the computer though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I know this much, if you laser engrave an ipod it voids the warranty.. I would call apple to see what the deal is on computers..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 1GB 120GB HD...soon to upgrade to 2GB of Ram
thats pretty cool looking. if it didnt void the warranty i would most definitely go for it!!! of course you could always keep a blank extra lid handy for when you take it to the shop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I saw Leah Culvers lasered laptop on Digg - she sold an inch at a time to advertisers to pay for the laptop I think. Considering it's covered in adverts it actually doesn't look so bad. Click to see the laptop

She has a video showing The Etching of the laptop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Black
Mac offers free ingraving (of your name etc) for the ipod so why not the same for the MB or MBP? I think it would definately cut down on theivery (sp)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.