• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Compliments for Macky! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
So, today I went with my mom to her car dealer where she purchased her Dodge van because it needed new brakes....Anywho, I decided to take Macky with me to catch up on homework because I knew we were going to be awhile. As I was sitting this man came up to me and started asking me about MacBooks, and what a nice screen it had, and yatta yatta...the next thing I knew I had about 3 people around me looking at what I was doing and saying how nice my mac was:black: :D How cool is that?? I felt special :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
nice! you should get a commission!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
That is VERY cool! I agree, you should get a kickback from Apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.0Ghz(CD)/512/80/128MB VRAM/15"
haha i get looks like that all the time. I work in a 500 sq. ft. computer store that sells new/used PCs/Laptops and i'm the technician there and Customers always see me on my MBP..... how can i sell a PC while i use my mac? lol.

Recently i've been taping several sheets of paper on the lid to hide the apple logo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Hey, my girlfriend has nicknamed the macbook "Macky" too, it's quite cute - like it's one of the family. And yes, that glowing Apple logo definitely screams for attention!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
There is something about being seen in public with a Mac laptop. It imparts an immediate aura of "cool". Great job netty4mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
at my school, if you have a mac you are a looser, ofcourse, their all losers cuz they dont use macs :p.

im the only one there to defend them. when an argument starts about which one is better im the only one ont he mac side. it is quite funny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I know that feeling kman. I'm the only one that uses a Mac at college too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
When I'm sitting in a coffee shop with my MBP open, I quite frequently get people coming up and asking me about it.

More often however, I get nasty looks since I work in Redmond and all the mindless dweebs around here who work for Microsoft can't accept the fact that some of us know better than to use their crap :)

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
I used mine in starbucks and people were coming up to me asking questions. People are always interested in them.

I work in a place where its a PC. I use my MBP regardless, they are updating the systems and my boss asked me what new computer I would like and I said an iMac. And he ordered me one as he knows I will aviod windows and he should get me one I will use. Ok its the basic iMac but who cares.

Reaction score
I used mine in starbucks and people were coming up to me asking questions. People are always interested in them.

I work in a place where its a PC. I use my MBP regardless, they are updating the systems and my boss asked me what new computer I would like and I said an iMac. And he ordered me one as he knows I will aviod windows and he should get me one I will use. Ok its the basic iMac but who cares.

Wish my boss would buy me a Mac. He has a Mac Pro sitting in his office that he doesn't even use. Everytime I go in there I feel like crying seeing it abandoned that way. Middle managers, what can you say.:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Yeah, I constantly have people drooling for my iBook. People love mine for it's small size..but I think it's time for an upgrade..15'' MBP here I come!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Heck yes... all the cool kids use the Mac... ;)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
if i were single i'd hang out at starbucks and such all the time on my macbook.

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, that would be exaclty what she'd want. we get some time to get out and my face is buried in my macbook. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.