Connect to windows

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is totally the wrong place to post this, but im new to this and couldn't find anywhere else!

Anyway...

I have an imac g5, but have the only mac in house, and i want to connect to the other windows computers. Windows can see the mac, and open files etc. but i dont know how to see it! if that makes sense...
Any one any ideas? its possibly really simple and me being stupid.. but been stuck for a while now!!

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Hello stepharooni, welcome to M-F!

Here is an interesting read. btw. This has been asked tons of times. Please use the search function in the forum.

OP
S
Reaction score
hahaha...

thanks! id done a check, but had got nothing, but underneath there was a whole load of useful stuff.. oops!!
Anyway thanks for the link.. all id done was not put in the "smb://" ...yeah i dont know a lot about this stuff!!

so thank you!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.