New mac, mini dvd issues....

Reaction score
So my wonderful hubby bought me a new mac this summer. We have a mini-dvd video camera. The new mac will not load the mini-dvd's in the super drive. This is a side loading drive.

We are considering a dvd burner for the computer, or for the tv. But we are looking into other options. This particular camera does not have a usb plug, so plugging it into the computer is not an option. The camera only has a connector with the jacks for video and audio.

My husband wants to copy mini-dvds onto a regular size dvd. How can we go about this? Do you wonderful folks have any ideas for us? We want to be able to put the footage onto the computer so that we can edit it.

Thank you for your help.
Shannon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You can get a decent external USB or Firewire DVD drive to read the mini disks. That's what I would recommend doing.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would get an external firewire DVD burner also. Which camera do you have and does it have a firewire port?

Hopefully some else will come along and tell you how to get the data off of the miniDVD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.