PC Games aren't Working via bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I downloaded Battlefield @ and Counter Strike Source, but neither will work. It starts and the screen goes dark, but then the desktop just comes back up.

I imagine I need a video drver update or similar, but I don't know exactly what's needed. Anyone knows what I need, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can't get PC games to work in VP

Also, I'm running this on an MBP using a 19" monitor, but it won't work detached from the monitor too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Did you install Windows w/ SP2? I know there are some serious hardware issues when you try installing a windows disk w/ SP1.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know what it was, but I completely reinstalled Windows and now they work. I think when I first installed I also installed the monitor software which was causing problems. Now I can play on the MBP LCD, but the external monitor won't work!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
how do you not install the monitor software? is that the ATI drivers i'm getting on my iMac with the bootcamp driver CD? i'm trying to run games thru bootcamp, but by specs, this thing should be flying on fire! instead i'm getting jerky responses, and constant pauses in high detail situations.

Reaction score
f -- I know this won't help much but I have a MBP with ATI x1600 256Mb and it runs games both LCD and external monitor just fine in Boot Camp. What "monitor software" did you need? Mine just plugged right in ...

Reaction score
i'm trying to play counter strike on my macbook 2.0ghz intelcore 2 duo w/ 1gb ram (13inch display). every time i start teh game the main screen would show up and then goes black. anyone know if it is possilbe to play or no?
thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.