• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Just got a Wii!!! What games should I buy, or stay away from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
I got the Rabman game (whatever its called). What games do you recommend....what do you dislike?
-d

Reaction score
Rayman is great, and I love fooling around in Wii Sports and Wii Play.
But I also lik Call Of Duty, and Zelda is an absolute must-have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Zelda
Elebits
Warioware Smooth Moves
Trauma Center

Btw, congrats! I love my Wii. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 1GB 120GB HD...soon to upgrade to 2GB of Ram
absolutely 100% get Zelda, and possibly the new Godfather game.

OP
traded
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
hey guys. Thank you for the posts. I LOVE Wii Sports. Must say im a bit disappointed in the Rayman game(s) so far. Im gonna go for the Zelda game tomorrow. Have you played any driving games you would recommend or unrecommend?
-d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I hear the GT racing one is terrible. I was expecting a lot from that, but screens dashed my hopes. Example here
Excitetruck looks a lot of fun, but might be worth hiring first. I saw it at a local games expo before launch here, and it looked very nice. Queues were long though, and I thought I'd rather save the experience for home.

Also, the Dragonball game is high on my lists. Been years since I saw the series, and never played any games before, but this one looks great. Apparently most of the actions are performed through the Wiimote, which is where a lot of skill comes into play, rather than button bashing. It's also available for PS2, but reviews I've read state that the Wii is better for the controls, resulting in different (and better, I hear) gameplay elements it brings to the experience. You can also change voices to the original Japanese cast. This is a huge bonus for me, as I tend to steer clear of all dubs (anime or otherwise)

Warioware will be released in 2 days where I live. I was a little sceptical of the GC version - until I played it. With 2-4 people playing, you'll have a blast. Heaps of fun.

As mentioned above, Zelda is a must own. Looks and sounds fantastic, and brings a lot of new and classic elements to the series. Lots to keep you entertained for quite a while. I've clocked up more than 50 hours, and still have a few collectibles to get.

I hear Nintendo are working on the next Zelda already...

Red Steel was enjoyable for me, but the controls have some serious glitches. These can be fixed through the Wiimote settings (through the home button, turn either rumble or remote vol. off) Overall it was a very enjoyable game for me. Great looking levels and some new and interesting gameplay options.

Steer clear of Farcry for Wii. I loved the xbox version, but this one is quite terrible. Textures are awful, and I think some features were left out. IGN questions if it would run on the N64 :p

If Elebits is out there, that should be worth a look. I believe you can create custom levels and share them online for others to try.

That's about all I can think of for now - there aren't many titles out where I live, so I've only got a few games (except for Sports and Wii Play)

OP
traded
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
So I got Zelda and Excite Truck. Zelda is great but ETruck is really hard. I find the Wiimote far too sensitive. Do you get used to this?
-d

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.