Samsung SCX-4100 printer driver for Mac OS 10.4.8

Reaction score
Sorry to bother.
I do not how to connect scx-4100 printer to my powerbook without the Mac support driver. I have done some searched and some show I have to do it via wireless. Is that true?
Is there any way to connect these two? wired or wireless?

many thanks:

Reaction score
Sorry to bother.
I do not how to connect scx-4100 printer to my powerbook without the Mac support driver. I have done some searched and some show I have to do it via wireless. Is that true?
Is there any way to connect these two? wired or wireless?

many thanks:

G'day florina & welcome to Mac-Forums,

I searched around the internet and found as much info on your printer as I could hoping that there would be something there to help you:

...It’s not set up in the factory for Mac use. But, that is not to say that a driver isn’t available which you can download and install on your Mac (check the company’s support site).

Well for Mac connections to work you will want the printer to be physically connected (taken care of via USB connection), and for the Mac to be able to “talk” to the printer (taken care of with the appropriate “driver” software installed into your system). Most of these “all-in-1” devices seem to be intended for the PC, but I’ve seen a Mac hooked up to one, so I’m sure it’s possible. You’ll just have to find the appropriate driver to download (try htpp://www.versiontracker.com).

Samsung SCX-4100 and D-Link printer setup

I was trying to get Mac OSX.2 printing via a wireless network to a D-Link wireless print server (DP-311P) that's connected to a Samsung SCX-4100 multifunction printer. I tried using ghostscript and cups with miscellaneous Samsung foomatic filters (none matching the 4100) with no luck. I was trying to do all configuration via CUPS and not via Print Center. I was finally able to get this to work via the following steps:
Discovered OSX drivers on the Samsung.com support section. Downloaded and ran installation package.
In Print Center (NOT CUPS), you will now see the SCX 4100 as an option. Interestingly (at least for newbie me), you don't get this as an option during the new printer add in CUPS. Using the advanced option in Print Center (hold down the Option key as you click Add New Printer), configured the printer as an "IP Printing" setup using the print server's IP address and the queue name from the print server.
Selected the model of Samsung, then SCX-4100 from the picklist.
Strangely, if you go back to CUPS, you can see the setup as the SCX-4100 and you can now manage the queue from CUPS. The trick seems to be during the initial setup when you have to use Print Center and not CUPS to make the first configuration. This must have something to do with how CUPS sees and doesn't see drivers. Maybe a CUPS guru can explain this or share how to get the subsystem to see the SCX-4100 driver.

BTW, this only works for printing. If you want to set up the scanner functions, I think you have to be cabled via USB. I don't need that function, so I didn't mess with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.