• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

NYC finally Gets some white stuff!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Thank God I woke up to a light blanket of snow this morning..it's been too warm out lately.Glad to see some seasonable weather!

Reaction score
Man I live in Switzerland and it hasn't snowed yet! And NYC ic on a more southern latitude than us (at about the same height as Rome).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
No snow in Switzerland - man we've (mankind collectively) screwed this planet!

I guess the skiing industry is taking a real battering at the minute then?

I love the snow and like Yogi, although somewhat less surprising Bristol (UK) has not seen snow yet, in fact not since maybe last Feb and even that was not so good from what I recall - I think last bit of decent snow (decent enough for me to be out 'helping' the niece and nephew build a snowman ;) ) would be November 2005.

Scotland and places in Northern England have had some snow but nothing in SW England for a while :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PBook G4 1.67/1.5GB
Same thing this morning! Except there's some nasty winds howling, but that's NYC winter for ya!

Reaction score
Yeah our winters seem to delay themselves. The Ski industry is okay, I live in the flat midlands, the snow on the peaks over 3000 metres is quite ok, but not at it's full yet.

Here's a shot I took of my hometown of Baden (world headquarters of ABB Power Systems) in March:

img00465fe.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah our winters seem to delay themselves. The Ski industry is okay, I live in the flat midlands, the snow on the peaks over 3000 metres is quite ok, but not at it's full yet.

Here's a shot I took of my hometown of Baden (world headquarters of ABB Power Systems) in March:

<snip>

Wow what a pretty looking town.

Do you work for ABB? I've got a friend that works as a kind of graduate project engineer for ABB in St Neots (Nr Cambridge in UK) Sounds like a pretty impressive company to work for by all accounts.

Reaction score
No I don't, my parents do, though. That's how they got posted here in Switzerland (we're all Indians by origin). If I'd have moved the camera 2 inches to the right, you would've seen tall glass skyscrapers of ABB and Alstom.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I'd have moved the camera 2 inches to the right, you would've seen tall glass skyscrapers of ABB and Alstom.

They sound like they stand out a bit then :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.