• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Before I buy this imac...

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if this is a decent price for this 17" imac?
$860.00

1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo processor
1 GB DDR2 SDRAM
160GB Serial ATA HD
ATI Radeon X1600 graphics with 128 MB GDDR3 memory
Slot-Load, 8X Speed, Dual-Layer-Capable SuperDrive
Operating System: Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
It's pretty good. Even with a student discount, the newer version from Apple.com costs $1099. It's your call on wether the "2" is worth the extra $239.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
Yeah Smart Move!!!!

eh,I think I am going to buy a refurb for $1049

I would buy a refurb core 2 duo at least it has the spec n wireless already and it is 64 bit baby.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.