• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Ironic site I just found

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
I was looking for TNT the tv network and when i typed in TNT.com what came up was a mail delivery service. First thing that crossed my mind were bombs that are sent in the mail. Is it just me or was TNT sort of a bad name to pick for these guys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
What an awful thing to think about..but I did giggle a little bit when the site first popped up and I seen TNT in bright orange letters. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I've seen their trucks around Melbourne for years. I first saw one of their trucks when I was a kid, and I admit I thought the very same thing :p

But I haven't had cable TV in around 10 years, and this service is probably far more commonly known that the TV channel where I live.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
TNT delivered my mac... im hoping its not a bomb! :eek:neye:

Reaction score
I too recall seeing their orange trucks driving around Sydney when I was younger. They've come a long way and I think they own the Dutch Mail System. They're Aust Post's biggest rival I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
TNT Thomas Nationwide Transport been around for years. Theres a depot type thing a couple of miles from me - it's more a truck park rather than a sorting office.

99.999% of my regular letter mail comes through Royal Mail - but every now and then I even get a letter thats come through TNT. I have dealt with their courier division as a business in the past as well.

Looking at their company info looks like they started out as an Australian business - but are perhaps now better known in Europe.

Ken Thomas, 33, establishes K.W.Transport in Australia with a single truck.
Thomas completes the acquisition of carrying company Campbell & Landers and its fleet of six trucks.
K.W.Thomas Transport commences direct delivery services between Sydney and Melbourne.
K.W. Transport changes name to Thomas Nationwide Transport (TNT).
TNT Press Pack

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ohhhh, I didn't look around in the site enough to see that it's based in Australia and Europe. It'd have been a much worse if they were based in the US where we had some postmen go "postal" a few years back. They shipped bombs and other dangerous things to different building throughout the US.

Reaction score
I love TNT! They brought me my iMac on my birthday, and the guy even delivered it to my school bcause I wasn't at home and then he called my cell phone. TNT ftw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Ohhhh, I did look around in the site enough to see that it's based in Australia. It'd have been a much worse if they were based in the US where we had some postmen go "postal" a few years back. They shipped bombs and other dangerous things to different building throughout the US.

OMG. there are some real nut cases about aren't there.

I think the worst post man story we've had in this country (That I can think of) is a couple of times where a postie has got sick of the job or what ever and has just been dumping the mail OR "A thieving postman has been jailed for four months after he admitted hiding thousands of letters at home because his bag was too heavy for him."Missing Post

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"A thieving postman has been jailed for four months after he admitted hiding thousands of letters at home because his bag was too heavy for him."Missing Post

LMAO, thats too funny. I think that's something my lazy @$$ would do if I were a postman.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, iPhone 4
I love TNT! They brought me my iMac on my birthday, and the guy even delivered it to my school bcause I wasn't at home and then he called my cell phone. TNT ftw.

Thats pretty cool, seems like above and beyond just a normal delivery right there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.