Nat Error in Azeurus What's Wrong?

Reaction score
I have serched hig and lowfor an answer and came up with nothing. I have set up the OS X firewall to allow numerous port number and mathced the same nu mber within Azureus, the **** NAT error keeps coming up. What could be wrong? I am hooked up via built in ethernet in my university' internet connection. Could that be problem? also turned off the firewall did this and that , but nothing! I currently have transmission, could I use that same port to configure Azureus?

Thanks for readin'
Hey I didn't know that the word Dam n get's bleeped

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Your problem will be the way you are connected. To clear nat errors you need to have the ports open on the router/server, so if you use say 50000 as a port, you need that open on the router to allow upnp/pcvo connections.
Also, I have no doubt that as you're on a university network, they probably don't look fondly on people using things like Azureus, and so probably block ports/access to such things.
Now, a few further questions and I may be able to help you more.
What port are you using?
What colour faces are you getting?
Are you managing to download at all?

Finally. Don't use Transmission - it's rubbish and causes node errors on there Mac.

I'll check back for your reply regularly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The problem is not on your end it is your Universities ITS blocking all of those ports

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.