Mac Book Pro vs Macbook

Reaction score
I am getting one of them! But I cant decide. I want to do some gaming and I want to do some video editing. (new Baby and all) But my Dell always goes poop on me. I need the portability of a Laptop because I work away from the House for 24 hours. I am fine getting a Macbook because the price, but I would like to upgrade the Video card one day but I dont know if thats possible. Looking back on this post there are lots of "buts", so please give a brother a hand. By the way, is the screen size and better video card worth the extra money? I was leaning toward the pro because of those two issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
also, you can not upgrade the video in the macbook it is intergrated

the pro seems to be what you want

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
Sadly, you won't be able to upgrade the video card (at least not by any sensible means).

The Macbooks are nice, but the Pros are slick. The refurb prices on the Core Duo MBP version have come down a whole ton, maybe even check out an earlier model Pro?

if you really plan on doing some gaming, your probably best off with the MBP... the integrated graphics on the Macbook may become a performance hit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Just because you mentioned gaming, the Macbook Pro is really your only sensible choice. I have a Macbook and love it, but then again, I don't use it for gaming. I personally didn't like the Macbook Pro because the keyboard just felt mushy, especially compared the great tactile feeling of its smaller brother. But then again, that's just my opinion. Other people may think just the opposite.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.