• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Internet/URL problem

Reaction score
Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I'm trying to reach a URL which seems to work for every other single person except me.

Thought it might have been my ISP, but it's working for my mate on the same ISP and many others.

What's the problem likely to be? Obviously it's my connection, but I can't work out what?

Cheers
Liam

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
have you tried:

using a different browser?
having one of your pals come by and use their computer on your connection?
clearing all your caches?

OP
L
Reaction score
Tried using a different browser and clearing all caches but have had no luck!

No-one nearby has got laptops, but it definetly works for everyone else.

It's bizarre; just one single website! :confused:

Reaction score
Is it possible that the website banned your IP address?
Or perhaps your router is set-up to block the website?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.