The future of iPhone

Reaction score
Yes, the iPhone is amazing, but what is next to come from Apple?

Jobs said at the Keynote that the future also will bring 3G technology into iPhone products (allthough this technology in many countries allready has missed its chance).

But what about the more visible future developments of the iPhone? As previously, it could very well be having some extra features allready when shipping i July...

Video conferencing with iPhone
Take a good look at the front of the iPhone (Apple's, not Cisco's that is...). The so called home button is quite large compared to what it does and right in the centre it has a clearly marked square with rounded corners - a shape simillar to the shape of the built in iSight cameras in the new laptop lines.

When considering the built in technology and 3G on its way, it would be obvious if the home button also is a spot reserved for a coming iSight that allows video conferencing. Imagine that you turn on your iPhone and "Boom" - you automaticaly log on to iChat and can have multiple video conferencing by turning the phone into landscape mode.

GPS with Google Maps
An awesome feature is the built in Google Maps that provides a high degree of user advantages. The most obvious addition to this expirience would of course be GPS technology, and I believe this will at a minimum be presented as an accessorie or in the next iPhone generation if they dont make it to the June launch.

iPhone techonolgies transfering to laptops and OS X
One thing is technology and functionality beeing added to iPhone, but what about technology moving from iPhone to other products? Since Apple claims that over 200 patents have been filed, it is obvious to use theese in other of the company's products as well.

The multible touch could pretty easily be transfered to a touchpad on a laptop - a touchpad that at the same time could be dubbled in size. The idea behind multible touch is basically identical to the technology presented in the movie "Minority Report" where Tom Cruise navigates in a 3D operating systems using the movement of his fingers and hands.

Now that the technology has been demonstrated af fully functional on a compact device, in is obvious to transfer it to e.g. a tablet Mac. Photographers and designers could also have great use of the technology on some screens, and what about an entire table with embedded screen and multitouch for architects and the like?

These where some of my thoughts on where the iPhone and the technology it presents could be leading in the future. But what do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
im really suprised that 3g wasn't included in the iphone and is deffo something that needs to be introduced in the next model!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This speculation is interesting, but I'm waiting until the phone is actually available to the consumer before I think about what the next one should do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.