Apple TV, portablilty?

BKR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 23" HD Cinema
After sync'ing content from my iTunes to Apple TV, even all of my purchases (movies, songs, videos), can I then take it with me on a road trip to my folks home and not only play music and see my own photo's and video... but also the new movie I just purchased from iTunes.

Anyone know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
After sync'ing content from my iTunes to Apple TV, even all of my purchases (movies, songs, videos), can I then take it with me on a road trip to my folks home and not only play music and see my own photo's and video... but also the new movie I just purchased from iTunes.

Anyone know?

you should be able to do this with no problem.. appletv has a 40gig hard drive that you can store your information on.

OP
B

BKR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 23" HD Cinema
kodorsean,

I understand that the device has the capability to store the data, and it can be physically transported.

I'll rephrase:
Does the Apple TV work as a iPod would in the manner of playing your purchased content on the road when not connected to your network at home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
One would assume so, but you know what happens when you assume. This is one of those questions that will only be answered after th thing is out and people have experience with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
I'll rephrase:
Does the Apple TV work as a iPod would in the manner of playing your purchased content on the road when not connected to your network at home.

Do you mean like walking around or in the car or something? Im sure it would work as long as you can find a lace to plug it in? It doesnt run on battery power like the ipods do...

OP
B

BKR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 23" HD Cinema
Do you mean like walking around or in the car or something? Im sure it would work as long as you can find a lace to plug it in? It doesnt run on battery power like the ipods do...

haha no no i'm not expecting it to work quite like an iPod in that fashion :)

this question has been answered by the above reply :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
It looks pretty portable...

OP
B

BKR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 23" HD Cinema
It looks pretty portable...

right, i understand it's physically portable :)

i don't think my real question is getting through to the audience hehe... anywhoo, ty for your time :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.