Can anybody help me with Apple Remote Desktop 3?

Reaction score
I'm having some difficulty with this. These are the steps I took:

1. Installed ARD3 on my computer.
2. Put together a "client file" by going File > Create file etc..
3. My g/f installed it on her computer
4. I entered her IP address and put the log in information into ARD3 and hit connect.

Can't get past this stage. It just says she is offline. These are the settings:

Address: 221.xxx.xxx.xx1
DNS Name: p2151-ipbf307osakakita.osaka.ocn.ne.jp
Ethernet ID: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Last Activity: -blank-
Last Contacted: -blank-
ARD Version: -blank-
Mac OS Version: -blank-

Login: Liz
Password: xxxxxxx

She has a 12" PB with OS X and I have a 17" PB with OS X. And yes, she is overseas at the moment.

Any help greatly appreciated, if you can help me sort this out I have no problem paypal'ing a few bucks to ya. Cheers

OP
C
Reaction score

She is in Japan on a 5 month modeling contract. Yes I am sure she was online because we were on the phone at the time and I was walking her through it.

Yes it is quite possible she is behind a router/firewall, I do not believe she has access to it either. Is that the only way to go about doing this? Darn..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Any way to deal with this router issue?
It isn't a router issue. She is behind some sort of firewall which she has no access to. Without the ability to disable/change ports on that firewall there really isn't anything you can do.

OP
C
Reaction score
It isn't a router issue. She is behind some sort of firewall which she has no access to. Without the ability to disable/change ports on that firewall there really isn't anything you can do.

Is there any way to confirm if she is behind one or not?

Reaction score
Try getting her to go to 192.168.1.100 in a web browser. If she gets asked for a password, it's a router.

OP
C
Reaction score
I got here to punch that into her web browser and she got:
If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.
17/01/07 6:07 PM
Seeing this instead of the website you expected?

This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.