• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Screen Shots

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac book pro 15.4 inch core duo 2.0GHz with 512ram RadeonX1600 graphics
Ok i need to be able to take a Screen shot.
i have been playing world of warcraft. and they have been having some problems with the server i wont to learn to take a screean shot so that i can insure that i can keep my charactor.
does anyone no what i am talking about or how to do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
A screen shot of the whole screen is command(apple key)+shift+3...if that helps... :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score

Mac-Forums Switchers FAQ and Information

Shortcuts to capture a screen or part of the screen:
Apple+shift+3 - full screen
Apple+shift+4 - choose the area.
Apple+shift+space+4 - active window.
Apple+shift+4, then press CNTL while selecting - choose area, copy to clipboard.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac book pro 15.4 inch core duo 2.0GHz with 512ram RadeonX1600 graphics
sweet thanx guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
I recently discovered that Apple+Shift+4 combo and I think it's just marvelous. No more pasting to image editor, snipping and clipping and what not before some quick screenshot is ready for sending or something.

I love it!

:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
My personal favorite is Apple+Shift+4 and once the crosshairs come up pressing space to get it to be a camera to take a picture of just the window i click

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.