• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

how awesome is apple?!!!?

Reaction score
Seriously. watching the keynote, just makes me realize this. and im stoked!

In one year they have just BLOWN up! gotten big.

Created the ipod, totally changed the way we listened to music. and created the whole "i*insertname*" slogan that we see everywhere

They never fall short of something designed to performed.

They rarely fall short of awesome quality

They are pretty much best mates with google and a massive amount of other large companies

Its just insane! you think of microsoft you immedately think windows....

Apple is just cool:D

and im happy:headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
yah!!!!!! amen. I would recomend everyone to watch the keynote as well, it answers questions and just makes you feel great about this fabulous company that we love so much!

ya go apple!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money

Created the ipod, totally changed the way we listened to music. and created the whole "i*insertname*" slogan that we see everywhere

Doesn't the imac predate the ipod?

Reaction score
In one year they have just BLOWN up! gotten big.

One year? I'd say 10.

The iMac was introduced somewhere in 1998 I think and the iPod was introduced in 2001 - 6 years ago. This has been long hard work for Apple, and they deserve the fruit to reap, but it wasn't done overnight :) .

And get real. They are "best buddies" with other companies because other companies can't wait to jump on when Apple rolls out a product, because it is destined to succeed (coz guys like you will blindly buy it).

Apple is great, don't get me wrong, but don't be warped by the Reality Distortion Field of Steve Jobs.

OP
B
Reaction score
only reason i say apple blows up in a year. is because there position in the computer market with the intel switch just blew up big. and as a company i think they became more known than they ever have. but thats just a personal opnion i guess. and i dont blindly buy products. it took me many years to buy my first mbp and my first ipod. its just refreshing to see a company with so much life, and still making a quality product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
It seems like a lot of people were disappointed with the keynote. I think that the iPhone is a remarkable piece of technology. I just wish they didn't partner up with Cingular. I like the Apple TV as well. Maybe people were expecting more but as a new switcher i was very impressed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
its just refreshing to see a company with so much life, and still making a quality product.

I agree with that comment - it is refreshing to see a company churn out these great products time and again.

I liked a quote from the keynote; "People who really serious about software should make their own hardware". Allan Kay - very apt I thought.

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
I liked a quote from the keynote; "People who really serious about software should make their own hardware". Allan Kay - very apt I thought.

I hope they weren't referring to Apple because they don't make half of what they sell, they just slap their logo and name on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I hope they weren't referring to Apple because they don't make half of what they sell, they just slap their logo and name on it.

I don't think they make anything that they sell, but they do design it. Like all manufacturers they long ago outsourced manufacturing to China. The funny thing is that some of the manufacturers build products for Dell or HP in the same factories that are producing Apple products.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB

Apple does not slap their name on other people products like Sears does. Sears does not make the Kenmore line, Whirlpool does. Apple creates all of their products. Its just that someone else build them for them.

Reaction score
I think those that were disappointed by the keynote got too tied up in the rumors. They wanted the iphone /w apple as the cell company) , itv, widescreen 100g ipod, 16g nanos, cinema displays w/isight up to 42", 8 core mac pros, tablet notebooks, 12 inch macbooks, ilife 07, iworks 07, Apple brand HDTV's. It would have taken Jobs 8 hours to intro all that, and then what do you do the rest of the year:)

Reaction score
Well I've been a Mac user for 14 years. Never had a PC (windows)...

Thank God for small favors.
cool.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
One year? I'd say 10.

The iMac was introduced somewhere in 1998 I think and the iPod was introduced in 2001 - 6 years ago. This has been long hard work for Apple, and they deserve the fruit to reap, but it wasn't done overnight :) .

And get real. They are "best buddies" with other companies because other companies can't wait to jump on when Apple rolls out a product, because it is destined to succeed (coz guys like you will blindly buy it).

Apple is great, don't get me wrong, but don't be warped by the Reality Distortion Field of Steve Jobs.
Thank you for that breath of reality, yogi. Apple has been in the business for several years and their success has not been overnight. Let's also remember that Apple?automatic success and super-great products. They have released some duds over the years and they are certainly capable of doing so again. Don't just buy something because it says "Apple" on the package or the name starts with "i".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
Yeah Cubes are awesome!

*looks to right of PowerBook to see my Cube playing some heavy metal in iTunes :D*

I finally got round to seeing the Macworld keynote over the weekend, and actually seeing the iPhone in action. It is really awesome seeing the effects- scrolling, resizing etc. I want one! And the AppleTV interface is pretty cool too (although I'd rather buy a Mac Mini and connect that to the TV).

In fact, one day I plan to fit Mac Mini components into my Cube chassis and somehow get the touch sensitive power button working, then use that connected to a TV!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.