Hey Everyone!

Reaction score
Ok I know what you are all thinking just another noob, well your right! I’ve been considering a imac for a while now and now its time for a new computer and since ive found an 20” imac for just over £500 brand new I thought why not? The imac im after will be the 20” 512mb ram 2ghz processor and 128gpu. Now ive figured that I only use my computer for a few things word processor, music, email and the web and editing my photography. However I also game every now and then and I would love to banish my Microsoft pc forever and never look back however there’s a one thing im in a clan and we all play bf2 and 2142 yes I no this has been discussed but with mixed views and people never seem to have tried it with the specs I am going to get. I wouldn’t want to run either of the games on high graphics I would just like to play it on low/medium I was just wondering if anyone had experience with those games and have theses specifications? I no that both games hog RAM badly. So anyway I hope to be a regular here :yinyang:

Reaction score
You can run Windows on a Mac. I am a gamer, and it works fine for me, but my Macbook Pro has slightly higher specs than your iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I am glad to see that TheGreatOne has been banned. I see no need for such uncivilized behaviour in a Mac forum (in ANY forum for that matter)!

Reaction score
The lack of RAM will hurt you. The video card that comes with a current 20" iMac isn't bad but it also isn't the best for playing games. If you can up the memory to 1G it would probably be acceptable but it's not going to compete with a serious game-oriented PC.

As Le Fumeur said, you would probably run the games in WinXP through BootCamp. Do a search and you'll find all sorts of discussions here about using BootCamp in OSX to run games.

Good luck on your choice.

OP
nirvana
Reaction score
yes i will proberly by an extra GB of RAM i was just a little worried about the graphics. Does nayone know of a good place to buy RAM in the uk, i know that apple can be a little pricey

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4 / 1,42Ghz / 1GB / 100Gb / Superdrive / 10.4.11
You could just have a look round eBay or something, there are usually some good deals on there. Don't buy RAM from Apple; they are usually overpriced a bit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.