• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How many from the Twin Cities?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I am from the Twin Cities, MN. I have seen more than normal people for a forum from this area. Is there a reason for this? Perhaps this forum has mods who are all friends who live in this area? If something like this is the case, a local community of mac-users could be useful. Also, this could be good to know because I am looking for a Macbook coreduo and would love to buy it local from a fellow mac user.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i know HowieG is from around here.

i'm from around 10-15min south of the cities.

where are you generally (or specifically) speaking.
i can tell you the mac i'm using right now was purchased in the apple store on the first floor of the mall of america (by the south entrance).

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
im in coon rapids, its just up 35 about 15 mins from minneapolis. I have been to the rosedale mall one for an ipod repair and an ibook dropoff and pickup at the genius bar.

Have any friends selling Macbooks?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
no, no i don't. ;)

coon rapids , right. i dated a girl from blaine a long time ago, that's right next door to you, right?

i don't know of anyone else personally in the area who uses macs. most of my friends are computer geeks who work in IT for bestbuy/accenture - so they're all windows people (as i once was - so i guess there's hope!).

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yah, i am in school now for sociology and youth ministry but originally my major was computer sciences so i know my way around a computer so my switch was only in may.

blaine is very close to me yeah. i find that there is not a lot of hardcore mac users in this area also, mostly just students who's mommy and daddy bought them a new laptop for school and it was a macbook. (sorry if this is the case for you, it just bugs me a bit seeing as i work 2 jobs and go to school full time)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
oh, no, that's not me. 36 years old, bought this macbook and a handful of laptops and desktops before this.

any other minnesotans out there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
Ooooo cute accents

Reaction score
I grew up in Blaine then moved to Coon Rapids for a few years after I got married. I got smart about 6 years ago and moved to Arizona. I was tired of getting in my truck in the morning and shivering so hard my back would spasm. I go back at least once a year my whole family is still there. My sister lives by Foley and Coon Rapids Blvd.

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol, our accents rock! did you know that news anchors who are on national tv try are told to imitate central u.s. accents?

yeah, i know where that intersection is, i am about 2 miles from there. Wow, AZ eh? hows that working out for you? Is the cost of living much higher?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I got smart about 6 years ago and moved to Arizona.

yeah, me too.

i got smart about 14 years ago when i moved from new jersey (born and raised) to minnesota...
icon12.gif

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
minnesota is like the #2 state to live and raise a family in. as long as you avoid minneapolis, I love minnesota.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I live in Fridley. Wooo Hooo!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
minneapolis isn't too bad. i lived there and wasn't fearful at all. i'd feel a bit worse in columbia heights or brooklyn park.

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah. I went to a super america in minneapolis once and they were surrounded by bulletproof glass. It was really difficult for them to ring up my potato chips.

Reaction score
Minnesota is a great place to live and raise a family...if you don't mind only really having 3 good months of outside weather (i take into account rain, bugs, and temp). I miss the good weather days, but I love being outside most of the year and being comfortable. I like being hot and uncomfortable over cold and uncomfortable. When I retire and don't have to work in the weather I may move back. After 6 years I do miss the lakes:)

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah, you can not live in minnesota for very long without being a fisher. of course my family has a cabin and i have many memories already of fishing at the cabi. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.