Countdown Widget?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I am looking for widget that will count down to an arbitrary date. Does such a thing exist? For example, I have a big vacation coming up in early February and would love to have a widget that displays the number of days remaining until the vacation arrives.

Does anyone know of such a widget? I have both searched these forums and Googled it on the net, but haven't found anything. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks everyone - http://www.alteredsky.net/countdown.php was EXACTLY what I was looking for.

With such an obvious name, I went back and Googled again. I can only conclude that I must have mispelled my original Google query, since this very widget was the first entry it produced. Doh...

Feeling pretty stupid just about now... thanks again everyone!

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
kodorsean, are you aware that your profile is set up such that other forum members cannot send you private messages? I tried to send you one re this post, but you are not set up for this. If that is intentional, that is more than OK, but if it is not, you might wish to change that. Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
yes, I am aware. I can't go into the reasons as to why it is setup that way but thank you for bringing it up. Whats up? I am more than happy to answer any questions here if you like.

:)

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nothing serious "up". Just wanted to thank you for the multiple countdown widget pointers. I tried to give your reputation a bump but it wouldn't let me. I got a message saying that I had to "spread more reputation around" before I could give you a bump again - I guess I had given your rep a bump a while back, and it remembers! So, since I couldn't say thanks that way, I tried to send you a private message, but no joy. So, Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Nothing serious "up". Just wanted to thank you for the multiple countdown widget pointers. I tried to give your reputation a bump but it wouldn't let me. I got a message saying that I had to "spread more reputation around" before I could give you a bump again - I guess I had given your rep a bump a while back, and it remembers! So, since I couldn't say thanks that way, I tried to send you a private message, but no joy. So, Thanks!

happy to help.. maybe in a week or so after you "spread around the reputation" you can come back and boost me a bit. ;)

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats a plan!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.