• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Shortest Shuffle Life Time??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 17" 1.67 gHz, 2GB RAM 60GB ipod Video,iPod Shuffle, MacPro 2.33 5GB RAM,1.5TB 2x20" :o)
Christmas Day 10.30am I received a new ipod shuffle to which there were gasps of amazement accompanied with questions of 'my god that so small you could lose it!'

10.45am Had loaded up my favorite playlist on the the new toy and was 'test driving it.

11.00am Ermmm were has it gone? bugger

Was just wondering if anyone can bet my half an hour of owning an ipod shuffle? still can't find it!

:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
i didn't want to laugh when i read this but...:bomb:

Really hope you find it again soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I think someone may be playing a joke on you! Do you have some really "fun" family members who could hold out on you and have you sweating? Especially since the comment "my god, that's so small you could lost it." Tell the fam you're going out to buy a new one and maybe they'll cough it up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
lol a half hour! I think if i owned one i could loose it faster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i lost my ipod Video when i got it within the first 30 mins too, i couldnt find it for almost a month,, it eally sucked

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
30 minutes? Man, that sucks. If you didn't leave your house, there's a good chance it got the infamous "black hole" that every house has. Do you have a cat? If so, there's your answer, lol, as long as someone isn't playing a trick on you.

Good luck finding it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Argh, I hate losing stuff, especially beautiful Apple products lol..and when you go out and buy another shuffle..I bet your bottom dollar it will surface somewhere! Pray to St. Anthony..good luck

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Just hope it has not made its way to the washing machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

its funny you said that.. my dad left his on his belt loop on his jeans and sure enough he washed the little poddy. he was not happy. all i could do was laugh.. there is $80 down the toilet.

OP
jmunson@airemus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 17" 1.67 gHz, 2GB RAM 60GB ipod Video,iPod Shuffle, MacPro 2.33 5GB RAM,1.5TB 2x20" :o)

rman did you have something to do with it!

Sure enougth I found it this morning and yes it had got in to the washing machine! while i got a shirt out for work there it fell! still in working order and had enougth battery life to get me on the half an hour trip to work!

very impressed!

Thanks for all your comments glad it gave most of you a laugth! :yinyang:

James

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Good, not quite as bad but more frequent. I loose my apple remote at least twice a day. Always find it that day or the next.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
woo!

you had me on the edge of my seat in anticipation!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.