• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Things you Dislike...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
...about your computer that is. I always see threads about how much people love their computers but there has to be some things that you dont like about it, right? Name your computer and what you dont like about it, even the little things.

ill start:
I have a Powerbook g4

1st: I dislike the caps lock key, I really wish they would have made a blank "key/space" between A and CAPS, I always sem to hit it by accident, ruins productivity (well i wouldnt go that far, but you know)
2nd: The way the power adapter plugs into the computer. I have had a few close calls with the dogs pulling it almost off my lap. the fixed this with the MB and MBP though.
3rd: I dont really like the spacing of the s-video out port and headphone jack. why didnt they put them near each other? at least on the same side? Now when you watch a movie on a tv you have to have the cord wrap all the way around the computer? I dont no, maybe there actually is a reason besides well thats how the motherboard is layed out... bullshavick

alright, theres mine. What are yours?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
no dedicated graphics on the macbook.

i don't game a lot on my notebooks, but i'd like to be able to play a little sims2, simcity4, tropico, etc without feeling like i'm wringing my macbook's neck even at the bottom barrel graphics options.

the sharp edge under my palms is a niggling annoyance, but nothing severe.

other than that, happy as a clam!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
...about your computer that is. I always see threads about how much people love their computers but there has to be some things that you dont like about it, right?
I find it quite the opposite, myself. There are by far more threads of problems and complaints than there are of people sharing positive experiences. :black:
There is nothing I don't like about my PowerBook.

The only thing I wish for (not dislike) is that it would be nice to have another USB port and another FireWire port. Even that isn't a big deal, because when I am at home I use a 7 port USB hub anyway... which remedies this easily. Plus, the only real FireWire unit I have is my iSight so I only really need one port right now. Besides, I wouldn't want to connect 5280 devices when I am not at my home desk as I rarely have the need or room to do so when I am not home. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
compatibility !!!!
not enough usb ports, and a little loud but other than that, thats it

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It would be hard to find fault with my iMac G5 and iBook G4 1.33Ghz or even the Core Duo Mac Mini.

About the only thing if I really want to nitpick is with the iMac G5. On the last model with the iSight they put 512Megs DDR on the Main board and only one slot. To upgrade to 2.5GB you need to buy a very expensive 2GB module. I wish they would have left that part like the early iMac G5's with 2 Slots that take 1GB each. Much cheaper RAM. Otherwise nothing bad to say.

Reaction score
I have a Black Mac Book, I hate how quite the speakers are... I guess that's about it.. and sometimes it loads a little bit too slow for my liking's ... besides that its a well rounded machine.

Reaction score
MacPRO 2.66 Ghz 4GB RAM
1st=I hate having the neighbors at my door showing their friends the super computer next door.
2nd=65lbs. A little heavy
3rd=It makes my cluttered desk look organized.

F

Fallooza

i hate green beans. i havent had green beans for well over 10 years and dont plan on eatin any anytime soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
the sharp edge under my palms is a niggling annoyance, but nothing severe.

I've seen people on the Apple forums complaining about this. I can't say I've ever noticed it on my macbook, but a couple of guys claim that the edge is so sharp it's drawn blood. You have to wonder what they're doing with the thing ...

The only niggle I have about the macbook is that the UK keyboard is a bit weird. The ` key, which should be top left, is now at the bottom left. It has been replaced with a key that only does § and ±, neither of which I ever use. The \, which should be where the ` now is, is right over at the side of enter (at the side, not above like on the US keyboard, which I can cope with).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I find it quite the opposite, myself. There are by far more threads of problems and complaints than there are of people sharing positive experiences. :black:

I'm not sure if it's that or simply a vocal few who keep at it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I'll particiapte in this thread..

my 17inch macbook pro has a very loose screen and falls at 45 degrees...

nothing wrong with my quad though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You should be able to get your MB fixed by Apple for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
You should be able to get your MB fixed by Apple for free.

I already tried... they sent it back the exact same way. They say "its with-in specs"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
i thought apple would have taken the problem more seirous than that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I only have a couple of minor complaints about my Mac Mini, bluetooth keyboard, and bluetooth mighty-mouse.

1. About once every 3 days or so my Mighty-Mouse loses its right-click function. I've found that if I control-click a few times, it re-learns the right-click function. A little screwy, but not that big of a deal.

2. I want my Mac to be my does-it-all (except games) machine, but I can't sit through the rip time to pull DVD's on the mac. It takes over twice as long to rip using Mac The Ripper or Handbrake than it does to rip the same movie on my PC. It's not that big of a deal, though, as my PC is plugged in on the same desk as the Mini.

3. Taking the case apart on the Mini is a real PITA. However, I'm not scared... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I haven't had a problem with the "sharp edge" on my MacBook either - Definitely couldn't draw blood with it.

The only issue I have is that it's so cool that everyone wants to have a go and I'm very protective. Sad, I know, but thats it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I haven't had a problem with the "sharp edge" on my MacBook either - Definitely couldn't draw blood with it.

The only issue I have is that it's so cool that everyone wants to have a go and I'm very protective. Sad, I know, but thats it.

lol same here. Everyone wants to play with Macky :black: The other day my cousin said "Come to my house today.................Oh yeah, and bring your laptop!" :D I said "Uh I don't think so!" :black: :black:

Reaction score
MacBook Pro 2.33C2D

1: AirPort buggy. AirPort drops my network connection seemingly at random once every day or two. It happens most often when coming back from Sleep mode, but sometimes it happens out of the blue.

2: Red-X window close button. I wish it actually closed the application. Having to go to the Dock to close programs after I've closed their windows is an annoyance.

3: Eject button. The disk eject button on my MBP is far too sensitive and far too easy to hit accidentally. The keys are tightly packed and fairly small, so I find myself ejecting the disk without meaning to once or twice a day. Documentation I've read says the disk eject button is supposed to work after you've held the button down for a couple seconds, but mine happens instantly.

4. Lack of media card readers. I'm willing to accept it's due to the design decision to keep the MBP as thin as possible, but for a computer that is supposed to be the choice of photo pros everywhere, it amazes me that I need to buy a separate accessory to read my camera's CF and SD cards (my DSLR uses both).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
1. Eject button should be a combo key option like cmd+eject.

2. Mighty mouse randomly switches primary and secondary for right/left buttons, even though it looks correct in preferences.

3. needs more ports

4. wish there was a better port replicator option; like a single plug adapter. That thing bookendz makes is big, ugly and too expensive.

5. too heavy; would like too see my MBP about 1-1.5 pounds lighter (by my impossible standards, not industry)

Reaction score
The only thing I can't seem to adapt to is with iPhoto. When I attach my Digital Camera it always wants to download every single pic.

Now that's fine you say, but I already downloaded all those pics, deleted half of them and now just want to download those 2 pics I just took. Yes, iPhoto gives me the option to not have it download duplicates but it still transfers the same group of pics that I deleted the last session.

I know ... just empty my memory card. Well I've learnt the hard way that it's easier to lose an important photo from a computer than it is from a memory card. I usually transfer my pics firstly to my iMac then to the PC ... if I can get on it!

So, after a recent holiday I have like 145 pics/movies on my memory card, and then I suddenly want to take a single picture to upload here and as I connect my camera and iPhoto springs open ... it's then that I realise I haven't been able to get on the family PC yet ...

I know all I have to do is install the Canon software onto my iMac but I'd just rather stick with iPhoto as it's only this one lil' hiccup that I have to live with....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.