Unix executabe file (.rdb)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 Ghz, 1 g memory
I've searched through the forums and cannot come up with anything on this.

I try to empty my trash and a message comes up that says that the following files cannot be deleted because they are locked. I've researched these and I found our it's a UNIX executable file.

AA00000.rdb & AA00001.rdb

I think MAC OS is UNIX based ... correct?? but I don't know anything about UNIX specifically.

Does anyone know what these files are and if it's okay to empty them from my trash. If so, how do I unlock them?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help a rookie!

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 Ghz, 1 g memory
MacHead ... thanks for the advise.

actually I don't recall deleting it. It's part of a folder named "recycle" which I don't remember deleting either. I would not normally delete files that I don't understand.

I attached a screen shot of the trash with the folder but I'm not sure if I did it right.

Picture 1.png

M

MacHeadCase

Before doing anything just do a restart and see if everything is behaving normally or not. I would wait like maybe two or three days to make sure you have used plenty of things and commands on your Mac to verify this, btw.

Then, if I was completely certain all was good, I would delete trying the things I posted above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.