• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone here want to help me stop Mac OS piracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys!. I am getting quite tired of people and "warez" forums, pirating Mac OS X. I have recently bought a MacBook, and I find that this is *the* best computer I have ever bought.

One thing REALLY annoys me however - the blatent attitude of those members of their "community" of leeches, who think it is okay to leech Mac OS X, hack it to pieces and modify it, so that it "works" (LOL!) on their generic x86 PCs. I have had it up to here with this hypocritical warez "community" to which I refer - they make post after post to defend their "rights" to have access to OS X and to avoid buying a *real* Mac, but why should they?. We all (well, mostly) have paid up for out machines, and so please SOMEONE tell me why these pirates should not be reported for this?. Am I over-reacting?.

Someone jump on board, before my head explodes with anger!. :D

Thanks dudes!.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I'm always up for a good argument! Where do I go?

OP
U
Reaction score
hope linking is allowed seeing as this is a good cause - ANTI piracy of Mac OS X

To the mods - sorry if the posting of this link was not allowed - how do I point to the offending site?. I realise your position, however and you cannot afford the risk, looking back in hindsight. I apologise. How can I get this piracy site put in line??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
That link went straight to a warez forum/sharing site. It has been removed.
I agree that piracy should be outlawed and reported whenever possible, however linking directly to a place where it is practiced is not the most prudent action.

OP
U
Reaction score
Yeah - sorry guys I was just in a rage and didn't think about that. Sorry. What can be done next?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
You got yourself a supporter. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Hi guys!. I am getting quite tired of people and "warez" forums, pirating Mac OS X. I have recently bought a MacBook, and I find that this is *the* best computer I have ever bought.

One thing REALLY annoys me however - the blatent attitude of those members of their "community" of leeches, who think it is okay to leech Mac OS X, hack it to pieces and modify it, so that it "works" (LOL!) on their generic x86 PCs. I have had it up to here with this hypocritical warez "community" to which I refer - they make post after post to defend their "rights" to have access to OS X and to avoid buying a *real* Mac, but why should they?. We all (well, mostly) have paid up for out machines, and so please SOMEONE tell me why these pirates should not be reported for this?. Am I over-reacting?.

Someone jump on board, before my head explodes with anger!. :D

Thanks dudes!.

Alright so in no way am I trying to be against the grain or anything, but how do you know that these guys/gals at the forum have not purchased their own copy of OS X to modify and put on there x86 boxes. I really dont see why it would be illegal for someone to purchase a copy of OS X, mod it, and run it on an x86 box for personal use. Sure, if they origninally recieved to OS as a pirated copy then thats wrong or if they sell the copy after it has been modified, then that is wrong, but to me, purchasing and modifying an OS is ones decision. Sorry, but unless they recieve the copy illegally originally, i dont really have a problem with it. Sorry

M

MacHeadCase

Well since unlokia seems to be hanging around that forum maybe he knows a thing or two we don't.

Also this might sound like speculation but... if someone can get into an OS up to his/her elbows and make it run on a chip or hardware it was never meant/intended to be running on, don't you think it might be possible for them to crack the OS instead of buying it?

They are doing this without Apple's consent and it violates the OS/software agreement btw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm not trying to defend any kind of theft, but I just to say that if you possess, or have ever possessed, one illegal copy of a song, don't throw stones. If you don't, please continue. what are you doing on forums whose soul intend is such illegal activity in the first place?

Sorry if I sound judgmental. I know it's illegal and wrong, but I can't claim that I've never done such as thing. I was a huge mp3 DLer back in college when I found out about napster and never even considered the legal implications. I remember hearing about people getting busted, and though I knew chances of getting caught were one in a million, I decided being on a university network and illegal activity didn't mix so I dumped my whole library!

You could do what I believe record companies started doing and pass out corrupt copies of the software that others try to use with no avail, but not before passing it on like a virus. Though, I suppose that would be illegal even if it's corrupt. Kinda like counter-terrorism.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I'm not trying to defend any kind of theft, but I just to say that if you possess, or have ever possessed, one illegal copy of a song, don't throw stones. If you don't, please continue. what are you doing on forums whose soul intend is such illegal activity in the first place?

The music industry and the IRAA are power hungry corrupt organizations that would not pay the artists anything if they had their ways. I see pirating music as a protest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Pirating is Pirating plain and simple no matter if its Windows, OSX, Movies, Music.

As fleurya I have dowloaded my share of music. Then who among us has not used Napster/Limewire for that purpose.

As I said at the beginning Pirates are Pirates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Wasn't it a supreme court ruling that people downloading illegally couldn't be called pirates because there actually are still real pirates around?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Wasn't it a supreme court ruling that people downloading illegally couldn't be called pirates because there actually are still real pirates around?

uhhhh . . . . . . ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
This thread has pretty much served it's purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.