Buy now or later - advice needed

Reaction score
I am an old Windows user convinced that it is time to make the switch to Mac. I live in easter Europe but am an American and will be coming home to the States in February and will be staying for a few months (until July). My question is: should I purchase soon or wait until the end of my time in July.

I guess the advantages of buying soon is that I will have easy access to support if I get a dud or something goes wrong. Another reason would be that the sooner I can make the switch the better and easier.

The advantage of waiting is the new OS coming out, perhaps cheaper prices or better specs (???).

so what would you recommend if you were in my shoes?

Thanks!

JonLat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13inch white 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
I just bought a new MacBook and I thought of waiting a while but I decided to just do it. I say dont wait. get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
can we get a free upgrade to leapard when it comes out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody 15" MBP 2.66GHZ 500GB 7200RPM 4GB RAM Nvidia 9600m
if u really really need it, get it right away
otherwise, wait till leopard-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
specs wont change much - they will still use core 2 duo CPU's, maybe add faster ones upto 2.6ghz, but for most people it is not needed

ram you can get your self or just max it out to 2G's when you buy it,other then that nothing else i can really see them adding to the macbook so buy now and get it over with and buy the new O/S if it gives any real reason to spend money on it, chances are the new O/S wont add ground breaking features you cant live with out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i would buy one now, but just wait till after macworld, i wouldnt wait for the new OS, you dont know what bugs might be in the first release of 10,5

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks - some other questions and x51v

Excellant advice! Thank you!

I didn't think about the new OS having bugs and therefore it would be wise to buy with the old OS in. I had definately thought of that when considering purchasing a new PC laptop and avoiding Vista for some time.

1. Historically how are Apple's new OS' stability?

Some other quick questions -

2. What is the difference between the black and white Macbook in terms of wear and tear?

3. Does anyone have have Dell Axim x51v? How well does missingsync work with this PDA?

Thanks again

Reaction score
The WWDC is coming, and we don't know for sure whether there's going to be a new-designed notebook or not, but an upgraded model is guaranteed, so why don't wait for a few days~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.