• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Got a nintendo Wii

Reaction score
Walked into Target on Friday, and they were unloading Wii's so I grabbed one. This thing is no graphics monster like the 360 and PS3, but it is a ton of fun. The night we got it my 60 year old father in law, and my 3 yoa were playing baseball together, and my 3 yoa hit a home run:eek: . the sports game that comes with it is just simple fun for all ages. In the baseball game all you do is hit or pitch the rest is automated. I also got Call of Duty 3, but only played for a few minutes. That seems a bit more complicated to play, but was an interesting way to play a first person shooter.

The whole console and interface is fun, and with an internet connection (wi-fi built in) you can check the weather, and soon the news. It also has a trial version Opera web browser, but like other non computer interfaces it' slower to navigate. You can create a character for everyone in the family called a Mii, and I guess you can trade them via the internet, and let others wander on to your Wii. You create their hair, face, skin color, body, etc. In the sports game you get to select things like what hand you want to use in each sport.

You can also download old NES, Super NES, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, and Turbo Graphics games, but they are limited at this time and cost money (or Wii points which cost money). It also not only plays gamecube games it basicly is a Nintendo Gamecube you plug Gamecube controllers and memory cards right into the unit, and pop in a Gamecube game.

It also supports SD cards, and you can put photos into it and edit them (I didn't get into that at all).

Overall I think it's a great system for simply having fun with all ages. My father in law has never played a game system in his life and he says he's gonna buy one. After 30 years of games systems better and faster they finally made one that is just easy and fun to play. Kinda sounds like a Mac:bushman:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I've not yet played a Wii, but I might have to swing by EBGames or BestBuy and check it out. I doubt that I'll buy one (my wife would kill me, besides I mainly play racing games, and Nintendo doesn't do racing games). I feel a bit out of the loop with all of these people talking about the Wii. :)

Reaction score
I got mine on launch day in Central Europe, December 7th. It's awesome.
Games so far:

Wii Sports
Wii Play
Call Of Duty
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Rayman Ravin Rabbids
Monster 4x4
Zelda: Twiglight Princess

I'll get you some peektchures in a mo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
yeah, I got mine on Dec 7 as well (launch day here in Aus too)
I got Wii Sports, Wii Play, Twilight Princess and got Red Steel for Christmas.
Can't wait for Smash Bros, Metroid, and also the Naruto Wii game. The GC versions were awesome, so this should be pretty amazing.

Also, I believe the GT racing game (that comes with the steering wheel) was pretty poor, at least I think it was. Didn't see much about it though. Excite Truck looked like heaps of fun.

Get 4 Wiimotes, and you'll have incredible fun with Wii Sports. On Christmas day, my Wii was on for nearly 10 hours with tennis matches, bowling, and the cow racing on Wii Play :p Haven't had that much fun with games in ages.

Elebits also looks fantastic - being able to create your own levels and share them over Wiiconnect24 is very nice. Will have to look into that when it's released here.

It's such a totally different console to the microsoft and sony offerings. I'm thinking I may get a 360 some time down the track, as there are a few titles now and down the track which intrigue me. But both of those consoles are just out of the question right now.

Is there a topic here already for Wii console codes? If not, perhaps we could post them right here and get a few Mii's flying around the place?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
I actually got mine on US Launch day which was Nov 19 th I think. I have the Wii Sports
Excite Truck
GT Pro Series (It's Horrible Stay Away From It!!!)

Reaction score
My game of 2007: Mario Galaxy. I played Mario 64 so much it's like burnt into my brain when I was 11.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I think I just threw up a little bit™

So...jealous...can't contain...self...can't..stop...eliptuses...™

OP
S
Reaction score
We brought it to a new years party, and it was running the whole time. People just had to try it, and fun was had by all.

Reaction score
Yeah but you need a couple of good games. When my friends tried it they were skeptical. Wii Sports was not enough to convince them. I guess there more die-hard über-graphics gamers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Kinda like the old Apple vs. PC debate:)

yeah - personally, I think Apple is equivalent to Wii in this case - simple, stylish, convenient a just plain cool.

Wii sports was enough to convince most of my relatives to play Wii.
Of course, Twilight Princess should get the rest of the people - fishing in that is simply awesome.

Random trivia: apparently, the GC Twilight Princess is reversed. Link was always left handed, yet right handed in the Wii version due to the fact that most players use the Wiimote right handed. It's disappointing for me, since I'm a leftie, and always loved Link for that fact. Now he doesn't seem like a 'true' Link to me. Nevertheless, it's still a beautiful game.
Anybody here got a perfect file in TP yet? I'm one tiny little heart piece and 11 Poes away (without a guide that is)

If anybody wants to add me, my Wii code is:
6575 0100 2290 7837

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.