• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Gospel of John and Passion of the Christ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I am just curious if anybody has seen either of these movies and what you thought of them? I just saw "Gospel of John" and really loved it.. I thought they did a great job and quite close to the Bible. I have not seen Passion of the Christ yet, but I have read almost everything on it.. and I've seen good reviews, I've seen bad reviews.. I've seen a lot. So what do you think?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have not heard of the Gospel of John, but I have read the book. :p

The problem of Passion of the Christ, every is comparing to to a standard movie. It is not a typical movie with a standard plot and story.

My wife and I, plus a few friends are looking at going to see Passion.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was going to go see it last night, but my grandmother was really sick so I stayed with her, but Im going to go see it as soon as I can.

Here is the link for Gospel:

http://www.gospelofjohnthefilm.com/

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
May have go pick up a copy of Gospel of John.

W

Wapa18

i'm goin to see The Passion saturday night. i keep hearing amazing things about it, so i'm really lookin forward to it. i'll post back after i see it :D

F

Fomer

Passion was amazing... the gore is a bit much. But Mel has created an amazing movie that is a fact based on scripture as your going to get. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
my school actually did a "pilgrimage" 4 mile walk after our ashwednesday mass to the movie theatre to see passion. they bought out the first 2 showings in both theaters for our school.

it was a great movie...a little bit off on some things (satan running around) but a very well made movie

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't wait to see it.. sounds like people here have definitely liked it though.

W

Wapa18

WOW... i just don't know what to say. the car ride home was absolutely silent. i don't think any of us knew what to say. there are no words to say. life-changing. go see it.

T

TylerMoney

The Passion is amazing. The gore is neccessary to be honest in the story...and it can be hard to take. But I must say Mel did an excellent job...and has taken a large risk for his future in movies, and I commend him for it. There were several people crying through the movie when I saw it.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I just saw Passion last night.. Wow! That's all I need to say.

D

dante22

The cat is out of the bag. Besides being named dante would you believe my phone number begins with 666?
I heard the Passion was only a movie based on an old semitic superstitious tale.
Read CS Lewis -The screw tape letters or Mere Christianity.
From christian music to christian movies what's next christian mac forums?
Mixing religious views and mac forums is like mixing political views and your film/song carreer ala Dixie Chics/Sean Penn. Dangerous to the community.
Let's take a poll on abortion, gay marriage or some other devisive issue!
sorry but, in this climate!!!!!!!!
dante
****'s gate

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's why we have a forum called.. Anything Goes :) Everything has been discussed here.. and if you do not like the discussion then you can ignore this thread and go onto the next.. that is the way it works and it works smoothly. And of course sometimes we get people that do not like what is being discussed and if enough complain we can close the thread, but most of the time people are quite open minded that come to these forums and they will either voice their opinion or just read the threads.

100% of people will never agree with everything that is said and done in any of the threads.. and it is absolutely your prerogitive to voice that opinion in a mature way, which you did. Now you can either leave it at that or voice your opinion every single time somone posts, which then just gets people irritated with you, which again.. is their prerogative :)

thanks for your opinion and do not look at the forums at the bottom of the list if you do not want to discuss anything other than Mac stuff :)

Cheers!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dante22, I suggest you read Matthew 27:1-54; Mark 15:1-39; Luke 23:10-47; John 19:6-37.

D

dante22

Murlyn said:
That's why we have a forum called.. Anything Goes :) Everything has been discussed here.. and if you do not like the discussion then you can ignore this thread and go onto the next.. that is the way it works and it works smoothly. And of course sometimes we get people that do not like what is being discussed and if enough complain we can close the thread, but most of the time people are quite open minded that come to these forums and they will either voice their opinion or just read the threads.

100% of people will never agree with everything that is said and done in any of the threads.. and it is absolutely your prerogitive to voice that opinion in a mature way, which you did. Now you can either leave it at that or voice your opinion every single time somone posts, which then just gets people irritated with you, which again.. is their prerogative :)

thanks for your opinion and do not look at the forums at the bottom of the list if you do not want to discuss anything other than Mac stuff :)

Cheers!
thank you for the considerate and mature reply. It is appreciated and I apologize for my rudeness.

A

Andreades

Murlyn said:
I am just curious if anybody has seen either of these movies and what you thought of them? I just saw "Gospel of John" and really loved it.. I thought they did a great job and quite close to the Bible. I have not seen Passion of the Christ yet, but I have read almost everything on it.. and I've seen good reviews, I've seen bad reviews.. I've seen a lot. So what do you think?

Murlyn,

My feelings are that you should go see "Passion" and form your own opinion.

That's freedom in action!

A

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep already did, and changed my vote from "seen gospel and loved it" to "seen them both of loved it" I don't think there was a dry eye in the place! I know I sobbed during a couple of scenes and I've never sobbed, maybe teared up, but never sobbed in a movie.. of course I never saw a movie that spoke to me as much as Passion did either :)

Thanks for that advice :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Though I have seen neither, I have heard so much about Passion on the late night shows that I won't see much new when I do see it. From what I gather, the did not spare on the gore... that should be interesting ;)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
witeshark said:
Though I have seen neither, I have heard so much about Passion on the late night shows that I won't see much new when I do see it. From what I gather, the did not spare on the gore... that should be interesting ;)

If you have read the study in the Bible. Then you know what will happen. It is just that you are seeing in live action, instead using you imagination.

T

TylerMoney

yeah...I knew what was going to happen before Mel even though about makig the film.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.