Mouse problem

Reaction score
I got my imac a few days ago however one problem with the mightymouse, the scroll ball only scrolls down, occassionaly it will scroll up but not often whats the best course of action?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I got my imac a few days ago however one problem with the mightymouse, the scroll ball only scrolls down, occassionaly it will scroll up but not often whats the best course of action?

Is it wired or wireless?

Reaction score
When my wired MM mucks up I've found that holding Control while rolling the lil' ball usually sorts any malfunctions out. This will zoom right in to your Desktop and then out again. When you've done this go to your browser window and release the Control button and see if the up/down scrolling works again.

Reaction score
Try going into Sys Prefs and play around with the settings like tracking and scrolling, just move the slider around a little to see if it brings the mouse into line. This worked for me too in the beginning.

M

MacHeadCase

Cotton swab lightly dipped into rubbing alcohol. Roll the scrollbutton around while you gently clean it. It works for me.

Reaction score
...and turn it upside down as you do this too. Helps dislodge any grit or grime.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I tried all the options given with no joy, however just turned the computer on and it now works very strange, thanks for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
go into system prefs and check the scrolling boxes are ticked. try batteries if it is wireless.

if not just try a restart

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.