Konica-Minolta Pagepro 1350W Printer on Mac

Reaction score
Being a life-long PC user, I just purchased a new Intel Imac and I must say - I am pumped! Before I took the plunge, I did not check to see if my printer would be compatible before. The manufacturer states the printer is only compatible with Windows machines. My question is - is there any way I can make this printer work? I have seen numerous threads indicating Parallel Desktop may work, however I'm a little leary about installing Windows on my new Mac. From what I understand - I need to install XP in order to run Parallels. I'm trying to do this the most cost-effective way I can... Please help!

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Debonya1! I hope you enjoy your stay.

I found this, Instructions for installing a PagePro 1350W on Mac OS X, but the only thing that makes me hesitate about it is that, from the date this solution was offered, it's obviously a workaround for PowerPC Macs.

Will it still work on your Intel-based Mac? You'll have to try 'cause I sure dunno. :girl:

BTW you have a more detailed entry (well, it does have screenshots...) is available here. Just look up the entry for Saturday, February 25, 2006.

OP
D
Reaction score
Machead - thanks for the info. I am having a hard time with the terminal. I have downloaded xcode, however I must not be entering the correct text in the terminal screen. I am not a programmer, however I can follow instructions. I have compelted all the other steps but I think the terminal piece is critical. I will try later this afternoon. Thanks again for the reference. If you have sugestions - please let me know.

M

MacHeadCase

No problem! I hope it works for you. And good luck with this.

I am not Terminal savvy myself. Surely someone else in here is.

Reaction score
links broken, version of OSX

The links you posted are now broken. Is it possible to update them?

I cannot get my Konica Minolta PagePro 1350W to work on my Snow Leopard 10.6.8 :Grimmace:

Also, what version of OSX are you running on which the print driver works?

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First off, you're trying to reply and ask questions of a thread that's over 5 years old. Please check the date on a thread before replying to it.

Regarding your PagePro printer: It's not supported in Mac OS X, however, you might try using a Linux Open Printing driver set instead. Go to the following LINK and follow instructions. It requires several downloads of software to install.

The Minolta PagePro printer driver is all the way down at the bottom of the list after the HP printer drivers. You'll need to scroll toward the bottom of the list. I can't guaranty that this will work but it may be worth a try.

Reaction score
Konica Minolta PagePro 1350W on Snow Leopard Mac

@chscag

Thanks! I went to the link (macosx/min12xxw | The Linux Foundation)

and downloaded the three items under "Downloads Required", installing them in the same order they are listed.

After this, I opened up system preferences and was able to add my PagePro 1350W as a printer. It worked without any restarts or anything. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, but according to the website it also works for versions as early as 10.2.x

The link I went to is a little different then the one you suggested, but I'm bet that works too

thank you!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Good to hear. Yes, the files you downloaded are the same as I suggested which are available at the other site too. Have fun and visit often.

Reaction score
I have a pagepro 1250..Its one fine machine,prints at 1200dpi. Hope you get it to work.

Reaction score
@chscag

Thanks! I went to the link (macosx/min12xxw | The Linux Foundation)

and downloaded the three items under "Downloads Required", installing them in the same order they are listed.

After this, I opened up system preferences and was able to add my PagePro 1350W as a printer. It worked without any restarts or anything. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, but according to the website it also works for versions as early as 10.2.x

The link I went to is a little different then the one you suggested, but I'm bet that works too

thank you!

I did it and it works with my PagePro 1350w.
Thank you very much!

Reaction score
Since there are replies more recent than 2006, I thought I'd go ahead and ask:

I got my PagePro 1350 setup fine but it keeps disappearing from the network. (Connected through a print server to the router).

Everytime it disappears I have to restart either the Mac or the printer or both. SOmetimes I have to reinstall the printer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reaction score
It works in 2013 too!

I tried setting up this driver for this printer on OSX 10.8.5 and it still works!
Only thing is I had to restart my mac before it showed up...

I used this link to download and for instructions: macosx/min12xxw | The Linux Foundation

Thank you internet!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.