Finally Getting Problems from iWeb site (not on .Mac sub.)

Reaction score
I made a website using iWeb and researched if i could host on a server other than .Mac. I finally found out you could and immediately bought a domain name and web hosting. I think my host just submitted my site to search engines, like Google either yesterday or tonight.

The problem is that when you click the link to my website on Google (or even if you manually enter the URL) it automatically redirects the webpage to www.examplesite.com/Welcome.html. I just want to display the welcome page on www.examplesite.com. I have lots of options in my web hosting panel, so i don't know if you can create an alias or something(??) or would i have to change the index.html every time? I have an index.html in the root and i have all the files for my iWeb website in a folder called mysite.com. Inside that folder i have another index.html(I think it's the same) and all the folders and html files to the other pages on the site. I don't care about other webpages being shown as the URL, I just care about the Main, Welcome page because I also can't even change the name of how it is displayed on the search engine without changing it in the title in iWeb(If the title was <title>Welcome</title>, it would also be the name of the tab on my website. If I change it to <title>Welcome to john's website</title>, the tabs would read:
Welcome to john's website Blog Podcast Photos Videos About Me

Instead of:
Welcome Blog Podcast Photos Videos About Me

It's VERY hard to explain but i really can't live without this being fixed since this is a frequently visited site for my friends and family.

Thanks In advance for any replies!!

EDIT: Well, I know for sure that I have to do something with editing Welcome.html or editing index.html because i might have to copy and paste the things from welcome.html into index.html. Because i think it's only redirecting becuase it has no actual "homepage" to go to. And since Welcome is the first tab and page on the list, it automatically redirected(I tested it and this is true! I removed welcome and let blog be the first page and it automatically redirected to the blog).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook C2D 1gb ram 120gb
are the index and welcome pages in the main directory of your host, not in any folders, only in the/ directory.

if not move the index page to there and try, the index usually has to be within the main directory, or thats what i found on the sites ive done.

goodluck

OP
V
Reaction score
Louie said:
What about when you preview your site, does it show your homepage fine?

I can't preview anything because I'm not using iWeb. The only way to preview the site, is actually uploading everything and going to it on the web.

are the index and welcome pages in the main directory of your host, not in any folders, only in the/ directory.

There's an index.html, logs folder, and a folder named examplesite.com which has all the files for the pages. But the confusing part is that there is another index.html file in the folder, along with the welcome.html, blog.html, photos.html, etc and the folders holding there individual files.

if not move the index page to there and try, the index usually has to be within the main directory, or thats what i found on the sites ive done.

Ok, so il try moving the index page from the folder to my main directory.

Also I just found out by reading the index.html that it is redirecting to /Welcome.html because it doesn't have a index page for the hompage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.