• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

pimp my ride?

Reaction score
what ever happens to the cars that have been tricked out on pimp my ride... do their owners take good care of em?... i would assume that a bunch of em get jaked the #@$% up... i mean with 11 tv monitors, 22 inch rims, and thousands of dollars of some of the hottest electronics in their cars their just bound to get robbed...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, i would imagine a lot of them either get stolen, broken into, or if i were the lucky kid, i might just move some of that equipment into my, ehem, crib, as it were.

one other thing that bothers me. they take some car that's about to fall apart, they do bodywork, paint, wheels and tires, and interior work.
what about the engine, tranny, brakes, suspension bits, frame, etc that are probably beat to **** and will die shortly after the car gets back on the road?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
yeah, i would imagine a lot of them either get stolen, broken into
no doubts there. Broadcasting it on TV is pretty much an open invitation. This is what the car looks like, and this is the owner's neighbourhood, come one, come all.

I just fail to see the point of shows like that. Firstly, for the point you mentioned, the conditions of the cars themselves are poor to begin with, so to keep it running you'll have to fork over heaps of cash (perhaps sell some of the superfluous gadgets?), or sell the car immediately and buy a brand new one. Also, I don't know who would feel good driving such dodgy looking vehicles (after the treatment I mean) Clearly, my idea of a good car differs greatly from those guys'.
What's wrong with a regular car? Lower chance of it being stolen, easier to maintain, and you still have your dignity. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I like sleek & subtle... and watching rice boys when my turbo goes psssht as I blow by them... :D

No flash... no fancy wheels... it just goes... :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
there is nothing like that sound really, this side of an alcohol dragster.

we don't see a ton of modified low-displacement cars in minnnesota. normally it's just a lot of junk with stickers and iffy add-ons.

recently i was next to a mitsubishi eclipse - i want to say third gen, the one before the v-6 with the pontiac ribbing on the sides. it was pretty, all blacked out, tasteful ground effect work. i'm only in a stock forester. it was warm enough to have the windows down. we both left a light briskly, but not racing, and when i heard that first 1st to 2nd shift...
wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRR, psssssht, wrrrrrrrrr...
oh, it just made me feel good down to my soul.
i was kind of wishing he would get annoyed with me by his side and really push it so i could hear it get up and run.

OP
S
Reaction score
well, im sure they do a lot of vital engine work... i mean, that would be so impractical if they only mad flashy exteriors... they prolly just figure people dont want to watch that... at least not the majority of mtv viewers...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
mtv needs to start a "pimp my life" new car, new house, new job, etc :p

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
now there's an idea!

OP
S
Reaction score
pimp my life?... thatd be pretty corny... anyway, i know what they do to fix all the problems with transmissiona and what not... they simply buy em a new car... i saw like two new episodes where they just bought em a new car...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.