Handy lights I used to have

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core2Duo, 2.33Ghz, 2GB Ram, 15.4"
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if there are any programs for mac that show HDD access (as my macbook pro doesn't have any sort of indication light) and also if there is a program that displays network access such as the double monitor flashing icon in windows?

All the best
Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Nope. Those are features of Windows that (at least IMO) weren't all that useful and are better off being left behind.
:black:

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's a shame because it's nice to know if I website has stopped doing anything even if it still says its transferring data :-( same for the HDD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Sure there are.

For the Hard Drive indicator I use DiskSpy and for the Network Indicator I use MenuMeters, which will also do the same thing as DiskSpy as well as display CPU usage and CPU temp etc.

All of these apps simply add an object to your toolbar at the top of your screen.

I like being able to see when a disc (or discs) are being read, when my network is actively uploading or downloading and what my CPU load/temp are.

M

MacHeadCase

DB, baggss has every software that was ever made for Macintosh on his Mac so he's a walking Software-Made-For-Mac encyclopedia!
icon10.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
useful to know. cheers

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you thank you thank you!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sure there are.

For the Hard Drive indicator I use DiskSpy and for the Network Indicator I use MenuMeters, which will also do the same thing as DiskSpy as well as display CPU usage and CPU temp etc.

All of these apps simply add an object to your toolbar at the top of your screen.

I like being able to see when a disc (or discs) are being read, when my network is actively uploading or downloading and what my CPU load/temp are.

Thank you kindly - MenuMeters is exactly what I was looking for - what an awesome program.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.