Wireless Keyboard Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
Merry Christmas everyone !

My dad bouught me a wireless mouse and keyboard for Christmas, and I had to purchase a seperate bluetooth usb thing to stick into the back of the computer because mine doesn't have bluetooth (I've got a 17" iMac 1.83 Ghz so there isn't a bluetooth chip).

I've got the mouse working flawlessly, but the keyboard is driving me NUTS! It keeps losing the connection, so I can't type a **** thing, and if the connection is there, every so often it gets hung up and whatever letter I've just hit simply keeps repeating for as long as it can. I'm seriously frustated at this point, it's not a battery issue because they are brand new (two hours old). Any ideas from anyone?

Any help is much appreciated !

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
Anyone have ANY ideas??? Please, I'm about to toss that thing through the window !

Reaction score
i have had the same problems on my mac pro. my mouse connection is buggy too. and the "up to 30 foot range" is total BS. if i go more than 8 feet away both lose connection. sorry i don't know of a solution, other than take them into a mac store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.