Harman/Kardon Soundsticks II

A

adammg

Dumb question...Do you hook the speakers into the headphone port or the other port |o| ... Just curious cause I have them in the headphone port right now and sound is good but not the greatest...if I plug them in the other port, I get nothing but the iMac speakers working.

Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
They should work either in the headphone port or the Audio Out port of the sound card. Also there probably isn't a huge difference in sound quality between the two. The sound card (if you get it to work) is where speakers are usually plugged in, and where the quality might be a little better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
You plug your speakers into the Headphone out. The |0| is your Audio in.

Nice looking speakers by the way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Do iMac main boards have an audio out that is different from the headphone jack like most desktops do?

OP
A

adammg

Thanks for the quick replies everyone, and Thanks Reel1 they do look friggin sweet, were a Christmas gift. After posting this I played around in System Perferences and saw that external speakers do have to be hooked in through the headphone jack. Shocked the heck outta me. I am use to seperate jacks. PC habits die hard. I played with the subwoofer and a mix of volume controls and now have it sounds better. Why is it things always sound better in the store? Will miss being able to leave speakers plugged in and use headphones. Is there maybe a splitter I can use to run both at the same time, Don't wanna have to unplug speakers everytime to use headphones.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
radio shack or bby , anyplace like that will have a simple 1/8" male to two 1/8" female. probably for $1.50-$3.00 or so.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.