• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

OMG just got a 30GB Video iPod for Xmas

M

MacHeadCase

Oh man, isn't life sweet? Just got this new cutie tonight for an early Xmas presie.

I had a 20GB 3rd gen iPod but the remote was broken and needed to be changed and the battery needs a change as well.

Can't believe how these new iPods are thin and the display is ultra sexy! So I've been a very happy camper since about an hour ago.
icon6.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Oh man, isn't life sweet? Just got this new cutie tonight for an early Xmas presie.

I had a 20GB 3rd gen iPod but the remote was broken and needed to be changed and the battery needs a change as well.

Can't believe how these new iPods are thin and the display is ultra sexy! So I've been a very happy camper since about an hour ago.
icon6.gif

awesome! my wife and I both have the 60gig video.. we love them. I use mine 10+ hrs a day at work.. one ear has an ear bud in it and the other has a wireless phone head set in it.

Keep us posted on how it works for ya.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I use mine 10+ hrs a day at work.. one ear has an ear bud in it and the other has a wireless phone head set in it.

yeah, that sounds familiar - though i'm probably not on the phone as much, so no phone bud. i need to hear though so i do the one ear listening to mp3s on my laptop at work. i finally decided to go find a stereo to mono adapter so i can listen to songs with lots of seperation without going mad. it makes it so only one earbud works, but it outputs L and R channels.

mhc, good luck with the new ipod, enjoy it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Congratulations! A working iPod is a beautiful thing to have. Is yours black or white? This past February I bought my brother and I matching 30GB black iPods, and I used mine all the time while I was on deployment, and I use mine occasionally here at the house, more like a portable record collection, just plugging it in through the stereo or into an extra set of computer speakers mounted in the kitchen. Yes, I have computer speakers mounted in my kitchen...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
yeah, that sounds familiar - though i'm probably not on the phone as much, so no phone bud. i need to hear though so i do the one ear listening to mp3s on my laptop at work. i finally decided to go find a stereo to mono adapter so i can listen to songs with lots of seperation without going mad. it makes it so only one earbud works, but it outputs L and R channels.

mhc, good luck with the new ipod, enjoy it!

I can still hear. I just keep it very low in my right ear and have the phone on my left ear.. I dont know if its good or bad but I am very good at multi-tasking so its not an issue to listen to music in one ear with low volume and listen to stupid customers in the other ear. oh and i also have to deal with the drivers on the nextell. its a good thing the wireless phone has a mute button..

OP
M

MacHeadCase

It's the white model. I had heard the black model, while so sexy it should almost be outlawed (
icon12.gif
), was easier to show scratches. So I went with the classic look of an iPod white.

'Course any minute now it should be winter here. Usually winter = snow, which means white.

What a bugger of a winter we're getting this year. No snow at all on the ground. And this is the Great White North!... :D

Oh and the sound is unbelievable! Wow! So small, so much big sound!!! Ooh! I'm still a happy camper!

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Oh forgot one annoyance: the transition between the iPods was a leetle bit jerky. iTunes refused to import some songs saying they were the wrong type of QuickTime video (hunh?) and true enough I looked at the file type and it was seen by iTunes as a video file (!!!). And this, even though they played fine on the iMac, in iTunes, as audio files!

I tried all sorts of things: went to the Get Info window and changed, if need be, the app to open the file to iTunes, deleted from iTunes the file, sent it to trash, retrieved it and double-clicked on it to get it back into iTunes, etc. and that didn't help.

So then I tried this: highlighted the file and went to Advanced ---> Convert Selection to AIFF and the files were subsequently seen as audio files and then were transferred.

*Phew* :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.