Windows or not, on Mac?

Reaction score
:D Is Windows-based software on Mac as solid and reliable as Tiger-based software on Mac since it's in Mac? Or, is Windows-based software on Mac as cluttered as on PC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
It's the exact same operating system that's on a PC. Nothing is different. Same bad user interface, clunky controls and annoying system pop-ups.
It's not, nor will it ever be Mac OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
it is the same as it would be if you ran it on a windows pc.

it doesnt make any difference if the version of windows is running on a mac or a pc, its still windows.

Reaction score
Except for the fact that xp seems to run faster on my Mac Pro than it does on my pc with an amd 64 chip, it is the same.

Reaction score
^^^^I will second that. XP runs much more smoothly on my Mac. Probably because you get the system clean without all of that crap that comes with buying a new computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Windows runs..well like windows :) however like James said it seems to run quicker then on my PC. I have installed it due to a couple of things that I need for work or I would have been happy with Office for Mac 2004. If you are planning on using windows make sure your AV software is up to date. A virus may not effect OSX but it will still effect the Windows on your machine.

Many people run Windows through boot camp, I am not a gamer so I have settled for Parallels...so far so good :)

Reaction score
It's the exact same operating system that's on a PC. Nothing is different. Same bad user interface, clunky controls and annoying system pop-ups.
It's not, nor will it ever be Mac OS.
Bwahahahahahha.
rofl.gif

So true. REP!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15-inch 2.16GHz
Windows also comes along with all the problems associated with Windows..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I don't but if I did have an intel mac you could not pay me to run windows on it.

WGI

Reaction score
Windows is not a bad operating system. I just got my first mac last month after switching from windows and I have to say I like mac better but in terms of games, windows is just better. But everything else should be left to a mac.

OP
R
Reaction score
reply to all the replies

Thanks guys. :D I'll be getting a macpro notebook soon, for Final Cut Pro and Aperture. But now that windows is available for mac, I recommend trying Sony Vegas7. I've been using Vegas and for its capabilities and stability (has much less system requirement than other PC proNLE and can still handle alot) and its pricetag --- it's probably the best-value NLE for PCs. Since it started out as a popular audio app(Sonic Foundry), it's at the same time a good soundtrack editor --- many people still use it just for audio. Being that the computer industry releases its major advancements roughly every 4 years, and that this year will be for multi core 64 bit, I'm looking forward to finally using FCP and Aperture. My main use for computers is for video photography and site www.spectraproductions.ca

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
Obviously Windows will be faster on a new macbook or pro with an intel core 2 duo cpu for the simple fact the CPU is kicking the crap out of anything on the marketing and past, this is why it runs faster, no other reason. So unless you currently own a core 2 duo computer, you cant compare your other systems to your macbook and say it is faster thinking it has something to do with the "apple" hardware or bootcamp or parallels, it is the same hardware now you can buy for a PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.