Wireless laser printer recommendations?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.4.9... iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB DDR2 SDRAM
Hi,

I've had a scan through some of the topics so far but cannot find anything specific enough for my needs.

Which wireless (802.11) lasers printers would anyone recommend for use with my iMac? Colour or mono recommendations are fine, I'd just like to gauge a range of different printers.

I've only really found the HP 1022nw on my own travels, which looks alright.

If the info is needed, I'm on an Intel Core 2 Duo with Mac OS X 10.4.8.

Thanks, FuZion.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cheers for the link Reel1,

When you mention, "through your wireless router", do you mean your network router?

Does this printer also connect directly to the Mac via bluetooth or are they considered one of the same thing?

FuZion.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does anyone else have any recommendations out there?

FuZion.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We're doing alright so far ;-)

FuZion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
Well i can recomend what not to get, haha I used Canon Pixma ip6000d with Airport and My powerbook, and had nothing but problems. It seemed to have alot of trouble getting the signal through, would stop printing mid page- never print at all, etc. Even if i was in the same room. So that probably doesnt help you find one, but thought I'd throw out my input. Good luck!

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That info helps more than you think.

Cheers ambivalent, FuZion.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well so far my searching hasn't been exactly fruitful.

I purchased myself a HP LaserJet 1022nw.

Wired, the printer works (Almost) flawlessly. Wirelessly, no chance. Not a sausage. Not just on my Mac. The **** thing doesn't work wireless at all!

Although I'm sure someone, somewhere must have got it working, certainly HP themselves nor PC World technical teams could get it working (Including an exchanged unit). PC World were very helpful, listened as I explained what was happening & tried various different ways to get the thing working. HP on the other hand have provided me the worst customer service I have ever received.

2 hours on hold, passed from pillar to post, having to explain the problem at every stage, being cut off twice, not receiving a call when I was promised I would get one, one 'technical guy' telling me to enter what were clearly invalid IP addresses when trying to manually setup the printer & finally a customer service advisor saying to me "Thank you for calling Hewlet Packard, you have a nice day now" after me asking to be put through to the complaints team because I'd had enough... Oh man did that rub me up the wrong way!

Anyway, I am still without a wireless laser printer. Must be a joke I'm not being let into. Reluctantly, I will probably go with a wired printer now. Not what I want at all but at least it will be a working printer. And not a HP printer.

FuZion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Should have bought the Brother :( If wireless is really an issue and your HP is a USB printer you could get a Airport Extreme Base Station, plug the printer into the Base Station and then use it as a wireless that way.

Reaction score
still looking for a good laser printer

Hi friends, I am still looking for a good laser printer. A friend suggested a brother laser printer selling for around $250. I think the model no is HL-2140. Do you know the performance level of a brother laser printer sold at the $250 to $300 price range? I know that there are better models but those printers sells for more that $600 which is beyond my budget. What is the performance level of a brother laser printer ?

Reaction score
Hi friends, I am still looking for a good laser printer. A friend suggested a brother laser printer selling for around $250. I think the model no is HL-2140. Do you know the performance level of a brother laser printer sold at the $250 to $300 price range? I know that there are better models but those printers sells for more that $600 which is beyond my budget. What is the performance level of a brother laser printer ?

Hi I would recommend a Brother HL-2170W,if u want a wireless laser printer, works well with no problems; if u don't need a wireless
printer go for a Brother HL-2140 which also is a Laser printer which works well, I use both of these with a Mac Pro

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.