Connecting with HP Laserjet 1000 series printer from N/W

Reaction score
HI ALL,

I am using mac 10.4.7 on my Mac Intel.I want to connect to printer on my network(LAN).
The problem is that the printer is installed on a PC having Window Xp as Operating System.I am trying the following things.

1. I have a share printer on my PC with the other OS.

2.I am selecting Printer/faxes from System Prefences and click + for adding a priter.

3.it open a window in that I am using more printers option and selecting the windows printing options and select the workgroup from the network neighborhood option and then I select the PC having the printer.

4. When I select the system and entered the password for the PC(Actually I have no password on the Pc having Printer the administrator is the only user) then it is showing no printer there.

5. I m using the printer HP Laserjet 1000 series which is not in the list provided by the Mac for the Hp.

If anybody know how i can install the HP Laserjet 1000 series printer from the n/w so Plz tell me.

Thanks in Advance.
Vishal

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.