airport to bridge

P

PowerbookG417

hey folks im tryin to get my airport working just perfect..i want to turn it into a bridge in stead of it assigning its own ip to my wireless powerbook (ex 10.0.1.2). I have tried pluggin the signal coming from my Dlink DI-604 4 port Router into the other jack on the airport ( btw B version with out antenna jack) and my airport shows up with the ip of 192.168.0.101 in the system preferences but im not able to route at all.

any ideas of where i need to go with this..my goal is to be able to access my laptop remotely from school when i dont bring it with me ( classes have G5's )

thanks in advance

OP
P

PowerbookG417

well after a long day of sittin at my desk i found the anwser..if anyone is intrested or for further information, open the airport admin utility and open the base station's configuration, click the network tab and uncheck the " distribute ip address "
and boom...perhaps a lil settings tweak might be needed but if anyone wants to know i'll update it for if asked

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.