PDA

View Full Version : What a great forum this is!!

PapaNoHair
12-13-2006, 01:28 PM
This has now become my main Mac forum. What a great forum. When I started with my Mac I went to three forums: one did not have enough participation and the other I was simply not able to get any response at all. Kudos to those who first put this forum together along with all who continue to make it what it is!!!

brianj08
12-13-2006, 01:55 PM
this forum really is alot of fun to talk about anything and everything MAC.

caribiner23
12-13-2006, 02:06 PM
I've been around to the other Mac forums as well-- this group seems to be the most friendly and helpful!

Welcome!

samsa
12-13-2006, 02:31 PM
I'll add my voice - I've learned a lot here, simply by reading threads. Most questions someone could ask have already been answered; all one has to do is search the archives.

surfwax95
12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
samsa, you're my favorite new member.

Audio.Trench
12-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Agreed.. this is the best Mac-related forum I've ever browsed upon..

DrQuincy
12-13-2006, 05:25 PM
I'll echo the sentiment too - I've been helped so many times here.

MacHeadCase
12-13-2006, 07:36 PM
It's one thing to shout on each and every roof that you're the best, it's quite another to deliver.

Some forums and their staff go around slapping each other on the back posting over and over how great they are but threads are either left unanswered or get answers that are wrong or misleading. Not to mention the egos that stink up the places...

From what I've seen since I've been here, this forum has a lot of knowledge in its membership and the atmosphere is friendly.

A big *thumbsup* to all that know so much in this place and make it a great forum to be part of. :girl:

Ice Cream Man
12-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Not to sound negative, i spend allot of time in MAF (http://www.macaddict.com/forums). I generally come here when things are slow there. But there are more long time loyal users, and Apple techie types, not so many switchers. Not that switchers are bad, that's just my home forum.

kman445
12-13-2006, 07:41 PM
best mac forum out there, i was at ehmac.ca and it is nowhere near as good as this cammunity. love it

schweb
12-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the kudos. I know I speak for all the mods when I say that we've always strived to create a friendly place where people of all levels of Mac knowledge feel comfortable.

Of course, the board wouldn't be what it is without great members. We're very lucky to have alot of really wonderful, helpful members who do a great job of helping us build this community.

Kash
12-13-2006, 08:30 PM
I've done some searching for Mac forums even before I got my Macbook and found that though a lot of a great deal of good information, this particular site presents it the most clearly. The other forums seem too cluttered whereas this one is far more simple. Plus, this one has a switcher subforum :D

I really liked the software recommendations in particular. God knows what awful software I would be using now if it wasn't for schweb's thread

eric
12-13-2006, 08:54 PM
echoing the sentiment.

since i've been here i've noticed only a very tiny percentage of questions go unanswered or go for a long time before an answer or comment is posted.

it seems to be very friendly here. and while i felt that the swear filters and seemingly heavy administration were a bit much at first (compared to sites i've frequented in the past), it seems to really work here - and i'm glad to have it this way.

other than this place, the only other apple related site i visit with any regularity anymore is macosxhints just for info.