Photoshop error "Could not complete your request"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I have never had an issue like this, all of the sudden and with no apparent reason if I try to open a JPEG in photoshop I get the following error:

Photoshop error said:
Could not complete your request because of a program error

So, I closed photoshop and re-opened it it did not help. This was at 11pm last night when I was getting ready for bed and just wanted to look at a hockey photo that was converted to JPEG in lightroom...

Doing a search on Adobe, I found the following link:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331627.html

So the issue stated is that I installed the most recent OS for MAC, this is not true my OS is the same however I thought perhaps there was an update that caused the issue so I performed Solution #2. Which is instructions for deleting the adobe photoshop settings file....no help it still wont open JPEGS...well, off to bed.

I will be going through some of the other solutions tonight, but thought I would see if anyone here has experienced this problem. If so, which solution worked for you? I would rather start with the one that is going to fix it rather than fumble through.

I dont really want to go through reinstalling the app, as I would have to ensure that I save every folder which has actions/plugin's etc without fear of losing them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Do a Spotlight search and delete com.adobe.mediabrowser.plist

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Thanks for the response, do you know what the file is...

I mean, what it does? Will be trying that and a program called "Onyx" I think someone else has pointed me too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
Most problems on a mac can be fixed by deleting something. dont worry though it will make a fresh error free copy of that file in place of the deleted one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM
Do a Spotlight search and delete com.adobe.mediabrowser.plist

Thanks. I thought it was Shapeshifter causing that error to occur because it's a PPC app. :headphone

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried to delete that file, and a few others that were named similar but the error still occurred. I also went through OSX's disk utility to repair permissions on the hard drive and the error still occurred.

The ONYX application I downloaded and ran a few things to include repair permissions and clean program files, this fixed it.

I do appreciate the help though, need to understand this operating system more than I do but this was the first real problem I ran into in the past year using it...which is why for a laptop the macbook pro is looking really nice especially with the upcoming release of a universal PSCS3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.