Firewire Mixer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I've also heard a lot of good things about the USB version of this Alesis mixer. I imagine the Firewire version would perform well also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8
In a word, yes. Yes it is a good peice of kit.

I was setting up my mates iBook G4 with the 12-in version, and we had a few issues getting Logic Express (or the Mac for that matter) to recognise it. I couldn't tell you what we did (aside from installing the drivers again, and again, and again, and again, and a lot of plugging/unplugging) but it now works and it unbelievable.

The integration with Logic is seamless, and if you're not after a DAW-frontend, you've got a winner. (That's winner with a capital W & INNER)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.
If you are looking into getting this or the USB version, definatly go with the firewire.. The USB wil only send the mixed L-R tracks to the application while the Firewire will send each channel to a seprate track and you can mix them in software after.

OP
E
Reaction score
What program should i use for recording from a firewire mixer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8
Logic. Either 'Pro' or if you are on a budget 'Express. Logic IS the way forwards, and the mixer works perfectly with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.