Canon MP730 and Mac OS X

Reaction score
There are apparently no drivers to print from a Mac to a Canon MP730 multi-function. As luck would have it, I have a Mac and a Canon MP730. :(

If I hook up the MP730 to a Windows computer accessible on the network, can the Mac print to it using the Windows box as a print server? Or will the Mac still need the proper drivers to print?

I'd like to salvage the printer if I can. But things look bleak.

Reaction score
LOL! Same problem here.

You can get it to work and apparently there's a utility called Printfab or something that will make it work, but it costs.

I tried using my XP box as a print server but I ended up with major printing problems from the Macs.

Easiest solution is to ditch the Multipass and go with a Mac-compatible.

Canon sucks.

OP
ToddG
Reaction score
LOL! Same problem here.

Easiest solution is to ditch the Multipass and go with a Mac-compatible.

Canon sucks.

Thanks for the advice and experience, tnjazz. I haven't tried doing the print-server thing and now perhaps I'll forego the attempt. Looks like a new printer is in my future.

Can't say that I hate Canon, though. My 1D Mark II N is the most incredible digital camera I've ever seen for sports photography.

muzzleblast.jpg

siginmotion.jpg

fireball2.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.