thumbnail viewer

Reaction score
I've been looking at posts with software tips but can't seem to find a good program that can show thumbs. I know iPhoto shows them, but I don't want to import all my old pics into iPhoto.

Prefer to keep them on my backup DVD's. The finder doesn't show them to me in the same "good" way as Windows does (thumbnail view).

Are there any good suggestions out there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I use Adobe Bridge and Lightroom Beta for thumbnail viewing. Bridge costs money, lightroom beta is free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
you just want to see thumbnails of photos? In Finder, go to View> Show View Options, and then tick 'show icon preview'. Another way is to simply browse Finder in column mode (hit apple+3 in a finder window) - that will automatically show a thumbnail, along with file info.

As far as I can gather, that's all you need to do to view any image with a thumbnail. Simple.

There was a topic about this not long ago. heh, it's deja vu for me :p
Anyway, that should help you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Great hint dtownly, I did not know that about the view show icon preview. That works great as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.